WHY ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Excuse me ignorance... but why 1/8 mile? Everything i have been taught and remember as a youngster to even reviews I read today is based on 1/4 mile track. It's like tryin to learn metric or something...
rock.gif
sad.gif
mad.gif

Some tracks only have an 1/8 mile traps. Space can be limiting. If you want fast cars to come to your 1/4 mile track, you need at least a 1/2 mile shutdown area, plus a sand trap and then some. And you need to be able to maintain that surface, plus tow lanes, pit areas, etc.

Worth it? If your short times are your strong point, you can be competitive and get some wins under your belt.

Plus it's a different kind of race altogether. The 1/8th take a great deal of good launch and timing, you don't have a back half to make up time. Plus like LCW, sometimes it's all we got.
cool.gif

Mostly becaause that is all the room that the tracks can get. Touch on real high speed runs, but can be fun because you need very good reactions off the lights. 1/8 is not real good for a Turbo, I would kill myself pretty easily.

Mostly becaause that is all the room that the tracks can get.  Touch on real high speed runs, but can be fun because you need very good reactions off the lights.  1/8 is not real good for a Turbo, I would kill myself pretty easily.
I've got me a welded swingarm on the way...If you can run good in the 1/8th like the others have said you can run damn good in the 1/4 if you've got the HP...
evil.gif

I would agree with the quarter.  Howver as you will find out more and more the 1/8 (even with extensions) just does not give you a chance to use the full power band.  I have sat at the lights a whole extra second from lack of experience and still beat the guy next to me at the last half of the quarter. The 1/8th also beats the crap out of your clutch, the quarter you can slide out nice and then bang it hard.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076963230 -->

Yeah, that 1/8th is okay, but if you ever get a chance to do the qtr. it seems long, but you learn to like it more. You have to really launch in the 1/8th. When you get it down, the qtr. is all yours. An ext. swingarm definitely helps in the 1/8th. The chain, brake line, and lost of cornering isn't worth it to me though, unless you are really running for some cheese.

can't wait to run my first 1/4 this spring on a busa.... gonna be sweeeeeeeeeet
cool.gif

Back