here is what i ran at the track 2 day:

.5014     reaction
1.6974   60 foot
4.3534   330 foot
6.5128   1/8 mile
113.58   1/8 mile mph
9.9923   1/4 mile
140.36   1/4 mile mph

the bike is bone stock just lowered and straped in the front.
i would post pic put the ink is hard to read.

tell me what you think :
north carolina is where i live it was about 62 degrees light wind and blue skies.

.1.JPG

Id say those are pretty good times. unless you're a pro, then Id say your slow-Ive seen guys jump on stock bikes not even strapped that can run 9.8s n .7s but they do it for a living...not sure what your previous experience is.

Im in WI, n last year when I ran my bike in 90 deg. heat with 100% humidity (it rained 30 min. after I got to the track...sh1tty first time out) everybody was off their times...guys with 9 sec. Buell drag bikes were running slower than me...(best time was a 10.37 i think) n I had never drag launched my bike before that day.

I've been told my bike is capable of low 9s, but I dont know if I can get it there...no time to practice this year (flipped it in June)

your reaction time was awesome-I couldnt cut better than a .700 lite even when I dropped tire psi a bit n heated it up good...I was too afraid Id flip it off the line (choked it out at the line on my 2nd launch...Im still a rookie when it comes to launching my bike hard)

kudos on your first time out-stay safe n next time get some pics at the track!

(busawhite06 @ Nov. 05 2006,18:19) here is what i ran at the track 2 day:

.5014     reaction
1.6974   60 foot
4.3534   330 foot
6.5128   1/8 mile
113.58   1/8 mile mph
9.9923   1/4 mile
140.36   1/4 mile mph

the bike is bone stock just lowered and straped in the front.
i would post pic put the ink is hard to read.

tell me what you think :
north carolina is where i live it was about 62 degrees light wind and blue skies.
Congrats on your first track day on the Busa. Hope you had fun...thats what its all about right?

Good Luck

DD

i just got the bike like a month ago and have been the track a couple of times on my 03 r6 that was low and strapped and it went 10.80 at 127 mph. i dont think i am that a pro by no means just do it a couple times a year. i is alot of fun though.
this a pic of my 03 r6

100_0237.1.JPG

I hate you darn lightweights! You can launch it soft with a lousy 60 ft time and still get a good 1/4 mile et!

Im hitting a 1.58 60ft and only running 9.91 @ 135 (I'm almost 300lbs though).

Congrats on a very nice run though!! With a little practice you'll be running low .80's!
beerchug.gif

i am putting on my new sprocket for the front 1 down
i hope that it will help me get into the 9.80's or so
i am wondering if doing the air box mod will help with stock exhaust? or doing the p.a.i.r mod will help also..
thanks for the inputs.
smile.gif

the pair is good to do but a air box mod should be on hold till your ready to get a pc3 and custom map if you dont already have 1.

i just put my 16 tooth sprocket on 2 night
man was it a bitch to get the plastics off that side!!
but i got it done, ready to ride it to see the differance...

(busawhite06 @ Nov. 07 2006,19:14) i am putting on my new sprocket for the front 1 down
i hope that it will help me get into the 9.80's or so
i am wondering if doing the air box mod will help with stock exhaust? or doing the p.a.i.r mod will help also..
thanks for the inputs.
smile.gif
The 16t will help if you can keep the front end down. Best 60' I've seen on a stock wheelbase Busa is low 1.50's. I've seen guys cut better 60's, but it comes up too quick after that. Like Crew said, save the box mod, there is no point trying to get more air in if it can't get out.......

I weigh about 230 in my shorts (wish I weighed 210 with gear working on it for next year) . My goal for the year was to get into the 9s with a stock wheelbase, foot-shifting. I didn’t quite get there (10.02) although I might have one more chance to get to the track. With stock gearing you should have been just hitting 4th as you crossed the line. Mine would bump the rev limiter in 3rd @ ~138.  

The 16/40 will help but you need just a bit more to get it higher on the hp curve. I know you can fit a 43 on the rear with a 16 in the front with the stock chain. I think that would be too much for your weight and mph. A 42 works better on mine. You might try it.

There is a thread in this section called launching that might help you as well.

Good job and good luck on your next trip!

on edit. Keep a close eye on the stock chain. Once it starts streaching, it won't last long at the drag strip. Might as well budget a good chain over the winter to be ready.

i just rode it 2 day after work and everything felt good.
that thing pulls like a bad out of hell, it does come up a little but i did not have the front strapped down. i am ready for the next time at the track maybe next weekend, this weekend is mirock at rockingham nc so i wont be able to run it now..
thanks,

(busawhite06 @ Nov. 06 2006,13:44) i'm 210 lbs. fully suited!
And your R6 was running 127mph in the 1/4? Sounds like a happy track or their is more to the story...

The 1.69 60' on the Busa is awesome for stock length...

(busawhite06 @ Nov. 05 2006,18:46) i just got the bike like a month ago and have been the track a couple of times on my 03 r6 that was low and strapped and it went 10.80 at 127 mph. i dont think i am that a pro by no means just do it a couple times a year. i is alot of fun though.
this a pic of my 03 r6
Bone Stock
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Back