1/4 vs 1/8 mile racing

Strap the front, slam the rear on a stk wheelbase Busa and it's capable of low 1.5 60's. I have been a best of 1.51 with the norm being 1.53-1.55. This was a few years ago. Just got another Busa a few months ago myself! I'll prolly hit the track when it gets cooler out here.
Your gonna LOVE launching it at the track! Can give many stretched bikes fits!

Strap the front, slam the rear on a stk wheelbase Busa and it's capable of low 1.5 60's. I have been a best of 1.51 with the norm being 1.53-1.55. This was a few years ago. Just got another Busa a few months ago myself! I'll prolly hit the track when it gets cooler out here.
Your gonna LOVE launching it at the track! Can give many stretched bikes fits!

Even though I live less then 3 miles from an 1/8 track, and 30 mins from a 1/4 mile track I dont see the buse going down any of them. So far its the fastest thing out there LOL! Ive beaten every car I raced and a few sport bikes..
2 Things you dont do if you feel your bike is fast and your content.
1) Put it on a dyno, HP numbers will hurt your feelings.
2) Your ET nor MPH will be what you expected.

Ive learned this over the years.
Launch Hard Spin the tire, Get a stickier softer compound tire.
Strap your front end down, now it wants to wheelie.
Now extend your swingarm, now you cant get your foot to the shifter for second gear. Now you install an airshifter, now its hard to control the launch RPM'S so you get a 2 step, it never ends and the list goes on and on.

its like any other type of racing. short tracks are about driver/rider skill, big tracks are for horsepower....1/8 mile is a shootout, that favors a good rider that can cut a light and click off good 60 foots. It evens out the playing field for heavier riders and guys that cannot afford big HP.

its like any other type of racing. short tracks are about driver/rider skill, big tracks are for horsepower....1/8 mile is a shootout, that favors a good rider that can cut a light and click off good 60 foots. It evens out the playing field for heavier riders and guys that cannot afford big HP.

no one could have said it better. 1/8 mile is for racer's and 1/4 mile is for big hp bikes. If you like being good at drag racing then go to the 1/8 . if you you have a big hp bike with lots of top end go 1/4 mile. You need more skill to win in the 1/8 than the 1/4. :beerchug:

IMG_7951.jpg

Back