Why We Don't TEXT And DRIVE....

oh god here you go again talkn out of ur ass....:whistle: cops are exempt because they have to use their cell phone all day long communicating with each other because you can't tie up the radio when priority one calls need to be dispatched.

yes cops have to use their phone to and from calls daily when conducting narcotic surveillance's or communicating with each other on suspect info. or maybe they shud send smoke signals to each other....:whistle: sensitive information can and is picked up by scanners from drug dealers and organized gangs so no Tom you can't communicate via radio all the time. but you know this already....

as usual you have a way of twisting what the police do and think their "Special" and the law shud apply to them while their working and in the performance of their duties. sorry Tom but once again ur wrong and makn a complete fool out of urself once again.

you make it sound like cops are texting their girlfriends all day while driving and working lmao. he's a news flash for you..... cops actually drive while they work. I know thats probably a great surprise to you but its true.....:whistle:

I like the smoke signals idea

not dead but hurt bad and destroyed their car which had no insurance. young girl driver. one ejection and the others had to be extricated....:whistle:

Here's what amazes me.

There were others in the vehicle. WHY did the driver feel she had to do the text when someone else in the vehicle could have done it?

Handing the phone to someone else and saying type this for me would have saved all the pain that they are now having to go through.

Then again maybe the passengers are to blame some too as they ALLOWED the driver to text.
We have all heard that - friends don't let drunk friends drive. That could be said about texting too.

Passenger to the driver - "Give me your phone and I will send the text" Driver - "no it's too personnel" Passenger - "Pull over before you text, as I want to get out"

That might have saved the day.
I know part of the problem is young people today have always had this ability since they were born. The other part is young people prefer to text vs talk to someone. What a shame. :pullhair:
I don't have a texting plan on my phone. Maybe if parents took away the texting ability of the phone more kids would talk and more lives would be saved.

That sounds easy enough. However if you have ever tried to tell someone that they are doing something wrong it isn't as easy as that. I have taken the keys from friends of mine that have clearly had too much to drink, to prevent them from driving. That has been met with violence, attacks, and hours of drama. You can't tell some people it's wrong until something bad has happened to them. Then it sinks in.

Unfortunate.

I was requested to teach my g/f's daughter to drive a car. She didn't even get in the car before she asked how to turn on the stereo. Hadn't even gotten the seat adjusted. After about 3 hours of driving lessons she was so tense with all that driving entailed that she said I can't see how anyone can text or listen to music there is so much to keep track of. So I am in that sweet spot of fear....lol. If I am around her in a year, I am sure she will have NO recollection of this part. She will be blasting the stereo and yakking to all her friends on the phone.

Thats a nasty mess. I don't understand the thought process justifying the use of a phone to text while driving, what does it take to get the message across? More senseless deaths?

Unfortunately, this is the only way to get people to stop. Ask the people that do text and drive and they will say that they have never had a problem with it, they are good, they can handle it, etc.

The only way these people learn is by something like this happening to them.

Do you know how many times I've been driving next to some teen that has his or her phone out, texting and driving and I fight the urge to swerve suddenly in to their lane just to scare the crap out of 'em? :whistle:

Here's what amazes me.

There were others in the vehicle. WHY did the driver feel she had to do the text when someone else in the vehicle could have done it?

Handing the phone to someone else and saying type this for me would have saved all the pain that they are now having to go through.

Then again maybe the passengers are to blame some too as they ALLOWED the driver to text.
We have all heard that - friends don't let drunk friends drive. That could be said about texting too.

Passenger to the driver - "Give me your phone and I will send the text" Driver - "no it's too personnel" Passenger - "Pull over before you text, as I want to get out"

That might have saved the day.
I know part of the problem is young people today have always had this ability since they were born. The other part is young people prefer to text vs talk to someone. What a shame. :pullhair:
I don't have a texting plan on my phone. Maybe if parents took away the texting ability of the phone more kids would talk and more lives would be saved.

I would gues she was texting her friend who was probably in the back seat! Thats how stupid these kids are now days.

Do you know how many times I've been driving next to some teen that has his or her phone out, texting and driving and I fight the urge to swerve suddenly in to their lane just to scare the crap out of 'em? :whistle:

Only problem is they would be to busy to notice and probably hit you. :banghead:

Back