Why No A/C

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Since we have heated grips, heated seats and heated vest and pants. Why not Air Conditioned outfits. When I was out today in my Wife Lincoln (it has Air Conditioned Seats - and Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz they were nice) I was wondering why not have them on a Sports Touring Type bike. My Lincoln mech says they are really not much more than air baffles (I have NO IDEA). But a New BMW R1200 with Cruise, Gps, 300 mile Plus range, Heated Grips, Heated Seat would really be complete with and A/C suit attachment for these 100 F Plus Days :thumbsup:

Maybe a line to BMW would work, since most other Sports Touring Bikes (except the Goldwing and it's not in any configuration a Sports Tourer) generally follow BMW's Tech. What do you guys think :beerchug:

Now the topics brought up -- if BMW don't have A/C as an option on a bike w/o need for any such a/c suit you speak of, and by fall 2011 , well then, I'll just keep my Busa :thumbsup:

It's not like i am willing to wait for a petition effort to be drafted up and submitted to BMW cause my minds made up . Take far too long a period and i want it soon or not at all :mad:. I'm just that way :laugh:

Since we have heated grips, heated seats and heated vest and pants. Why not Air Conditioned outfits. When I was out today in my Wife Lincoln (it has Air Conditioned Seats - and Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz they were nice) I was wondering why not have them on a Sports Touring Type bike. My Lincoln mech says they are really not much more than air baffles (I have NO IDEA). But a New BMW R1200 with Cruise, Gps, 300 mile Plus range, Heated Grips, Heated Seat would really be complete with and A/C suit attachment for these 100 F Plus Days :thumbsup:

Maybe a line to BMW would work, since most other Sports Touring Bikes (except the Goldwing and it's not in any configuration a Sports Tourer) generally follow BMW's Tech. What do you guys think :beerchug:

There is. Google will find it. :thumbsup:

My busa has a/c and I use it all the time. Just wear a mesh jacket with a wet underlining, 70 mph and you have excellent evaporative cooling

Your wife's name is Lincoln?:poke:

Sorry, out of line. I tried to fight it but couldn't stop myself from typing.

a/c seats require an ac unit, ac unit= a decent amount of extra weight and it would be soley for the seat, which isnt practical, an ac suit also inst practical due to the weight that it would need to provide the cooling, its not as simple ad heating stuff as heated seat, grips,jackets, gloves, socks etc all work like electric blankets, resistors and wires warm up making the heat

I would be happy if they just made an air conditioned seat for the busa so my :moon: wouldn't cook when the temp here in phx today was 115.

Looks like a pretty good idea, but I am not sure it is very practical.

I want to know what the air temp is on cool coming into the vest...never mentioned and last activity is last year...

Harley Davidson already makes a very efficient cooling system...

assless-chaps-man.jpg

Back