Time to disclose something about myself.

I really appreciate this conversation guys! I'm gonna get something pretty soon and am doing serious thinking. The Busa? I basically sport toured all over the Western US for 5 years with one of mine, loved it, I'm just wanting to go down a different road this time, try something different.

Img_9202_busa.jpg

I really appreciate this conversation guys! I'm gonna get something pretty soon and am doing serious thinking. The Busa? I basically sport toured all over the Western US for 5 years with one of mine, loved it, I'm just wanting to go down a different road this time, try something different.

Guys do not let this insane old man fool you!! We have talked about his next bike in person probably 10 times, he's a fish out of water flip flopping around. I keep telling him he's going to buy the first bike he see's when he has cash in hand.

That being said it's really nice to know that some day when I grow up like Doyle I will still have the MC sickness bug.

Hey Raydog have you taken a look @ this......?? Lighter than the 14R, still has high end HP, the works when it comes 2 electronics, factory heated grips, and not to mention Cruise Control :whistle:

2015 BMW S 1000 XR Preview - webBikeWorld

I AM looking at that thing! Thank you for the reminder, it is an amazing scooter, just waiting for one to show up at my local BMW dealer AND find out the prices.

Doyle! I was thinking about you this weekend, good to hear from you...

Jeeze, you guys are talking about ALL my favorite scooters! Each has awesome attributes, I'll make a decision soon and post what it was (with pics of course).

Well I have a lot of experience with the K1300 and the busa walks all over it. The shaft drive and the duo-level front suspension are just not sporting features. There is next to know feeling in the front end - it does what it is supposed to but tells you nothing. and the climbing of the rear end from the shaft drive is very noticeable if you are used to the clean directness of a chain.

Agreed.

I wanted a big bore, inline 4, naked bike with some hint at sportiness.
Not a lightweight 1k or a low tech retro and a Mr Sensible bike.

I got the list down too two.

The B-King and the K1300R.
The B-King still sh#t me with its little tank and odd ball looks, but I just couldn't get on
with the BMW's front end or its shaft drive. Maybe it's just me, maybe too many years
and miles on big jap bikes but when I pushed it the BMW never felt how I wanted it too.

The King has the alloy frame, USD forks, 17" wheels, radial brakes and hp I wanted but
the suspension, although not great, is predictable, upgradeable and feels right too me.

BMW have been banging the drum of shaft drive and funny front ends for decades,
I notice when they get serious about a sportsbike or sporty naked, they use neither.

Back