Why is there not a PC Map glossary?

Rocker_on_Rocket

Registered
Hi to all my new family here. I am beginning my route to modifying my stock 2005 Busa a little. For a start, going with simple shorty pipes slipped onto original headers. Along with the small airbox mod and a power commander. I'm going to do some cosmetic as well as I want to first get my undertail changed from the pathetic messy looking undertail it came with.

Here is my question and suggestion:
I'm looking for a map with this type of set up or something similar to work with. I see that there are threads here on this and brothers helping brothers out so they have some type of map to start that won't hurt their bike until they can get their bike custom tuned.......
My question is, after so many years of power commander and Hayabusa, is there some reason there is not like a map repository that members can look at and download a custom map from other members, close to their set up to start with until they can custom tune their own? Then maybe they can upload their map for other users as well? I think this could be a good idea for us all, unless there is something I'm missing here and I then stand to be corrected.
Does anyone else feel the same way? I'd appreciate input on this.
Thanks

Dynojet has maps you can download for a base for alot of configurations. As far as a glossay, would you really want to trust your engine with new mods to a public glossary where anyone could upload anything?

Hi to all my new family here. I am beginning my route to modifying my stock 2005 Busa a little. For a start, going with simple shorty pipes slipped onto original headers. Along with the small airbox mod and a power commander. I'm going to do some cosmetic as well as I want to first get my undertail changed from the pathetic messy looking undertail it came with.

Here is my question and suggestion:
I'm looking for a map with this type of set up or something similar to work with. I see that there are threads here on this and brothers helping brothers out so they have some type of map to start that won't hurt their bike until they can get their bike custom tuned.......
My question is, after so many years of power commander and Hayabusa, is there some reason there is not like a map repository that members can look at and download a custom map from other members, close to their set up to start with until they can custom tune their own? Then maybe they can upload their map for other users as well? I think this could be a good idea for us all, unless there is something I'm missing here and I then stand to be corrected.
Does anyone else feel the same way? I'd appreciate input on this.
Thanks

Just go to Dynojet and down load one for...bolt on cans, small box mod, and a aftermarket air filter. That will work until you can get a custom tune.

Decent point Busawhipped. I can't argue there. Who knows what someone would upload. However, what you're implying is that this community can't be trusted? I have had nothing but good vibes here since I joined. Alot of people here that want to help! I don't wish to beleive that someone here would want to mess someone's bike up and get booted from the community. :-( I have to admit though that it could happen and may be not even intentional but just a bad map.
I did find one map on the dynojet site that has air box mod. Only one map out of the lot and not bolt-on but for full exhaust. :-( They don't have any with airbox mod and slip ons or bolt on. Thus my quest and thus my suggestion. I guess I'll go that route and just be extremely careful until I have another 3 or 400 bucks to get it tuned. :-( Thanks for your input and help.
Peace

You won't find a stuff like that here,not because people can't be trusted. Is because "Every" motorcycle runs differently. Plus info on like dynojet site is readily available. Custom map is best way to go after doing any mods to a bike. Maps most places like exhaust manufacturers will have bikes run a little rich to compensate for bikes the tend to run a little lean.

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate you posting your views. Let me just pull out a quote from my first post so that we are clear that I do understand about custom mapping.....
"Is there some reason there is not like a map repository that members can look at and download a custom map from other members, close to their set up to start with until they can custom tune their own?".....
I do understand that even though someone may post a map with the same exact set up, there are still variations and everyone should pay the money and custom tune their own. My point is that there are some cases that the maps are not similar at all (as I stated previously, there is only 1 small airbox mod map and not close to my setup). It would be cool that there were custom maps that were closer to their particular set up so at least they don't do damage to their newly modded bike while they save the extra dollars to get it tuned. It just would be such a shame that someone gets the money together to mod their bike but can't just yet afford to get it tuned and can risk damaging all their work.
However I guess what you are all saying is that regardless if the dynojet maps are not close to my set up, just pick one for now that sounds like the best one and it will not totally damage my bike as long as I get it custom tuned soon. Is this a correct way to understand what I am being advised?
Thanks again brothers :bowdown:

Decent point Busawhipped. I can't argue there. Who knows what someone would upload. However, what you're implying is that this community can't be trusted? I have had nothing but good vibes here since I joined. Alot of people here that want to help! I don't wish to beleive that someone here would want to mess someone's bike up and get booted from the community. :-( I have to admit though that it could happen and may be not even intentional but just a bad map.
Peace

Not implying anything about the community as a whole, but it is a public site and sometimes it takes a little while to figure out who doesn't fit in. You noticed that people post up a map request and people respond to it. IMHO that is far safer and will get you the result youare looking for.

You noticed that people post up a map request and people respond to it. IMHO that is far safer and will get you the result youare looking for.[/QUOTE]

That was going to be my suggestion, or do a search. I know ther were more than a few people that have done the same mod, and asked for maps to start out with, and got some help.

Gents....
Thanks again for all your help!:thumbsup:
I have downloaded 2 from the Dynojet site and will work with that if nothing closer pops up, until I get the bike tuned.
If anyone out there has a map for a 2005 Busa with stock headers with shorty pipes and small airbox mod, I'll greatly appreciate it! If not, like I said, I'll try to make do with the closest thing IMO on the Dynojet site and get the bike tuned as soon as I have the cash for it.
Thanks again! :thumbsup:

The thing about this is everyone is always saying, just download the map from the site. I have the following (what I consider very popular) mods:

PC III
K&N Air Filter
Small Air Box Mod
Yosh full Exhaust (single Can)
PAIR block offs

There is no map for those 4 particular mods, unless I am blind?? I had a member from the Org nice enough to email one of his maps. I trust him, I have no idea why I do, but I just do!!!!

My $.02 for what it's worth!

In my opinion some people pay quite a bit of money to get their bike tuned and would rather not share what they paid for to have someone just jump on the board to find something for free. People here are very generous, but that doesn't mean they all are. I believe custom maps are just one of those things some Busa owners hold near and dear to themselves and are careful with who they share them with. Again only my opinion. I have shared the maps that I have with people on the board, doesn't mean I am a good person, just means I don't mind sharing something I paid my hard earned money for. If you ever get a Muzzy or a Boz Brothers system I may have a map for you.

In my opinion some people pay quite a bit of money to get their bike tuned and would rather not share what they paid for to have someone just jump on the board to find something for free. People here are very generous, but that doesn't mean they all are. I believe custom maps are just one of those things some Busa owners hold near and dear to themselves and are careful with who they share them with. Again only my opinion. I have shared the maps that I have with people on the board, doesn't mean I am a good person, just means I don't mind sharing something I paid my hard earned money for. If you ever get a Muzzy or a Boz Brothers system I may have a map for you.
+1 Not only have we paid for our maps, some of us have paid our sponsors who help support this site. I also asked for a free map years ago and was told the same thing. The people who provide these maps for us spent money to buy the expensive Dyno machines that help us tune our bikes. For instance, did you purchase your Busa to let someone else ride it? I doubt it. :rulez:

I got my Boz brothers map from schnitz if thats who mapped your bike then I owe you a big thank you for my map....

first no two bikes are the same.
this is why you have on the same dyno 147-163hp for a bone stocker.
second if someone paid for their map it is theirs they can seel it trade it or give it up.
even with the pc3's I have and still do sell I provide them with a map (not some downloaded one like I won't name names:whistle:)
But still tell customers that it is not perfect and custom is the way to go.
sell maps??? hell that is a legal nightmare in itself

Back