SHARE YOUR FUEL MAP

if you want to contribute...PM me for an external email address...this way nobody knows who sent in what map.
I can get it rolling by the weekend.
wink.gif

I've been in the computer business since 1973....yes you heard right...1973. Computers were the size of Ford Excursions and they cost $$millions$$. Without the "American way" of sharing information they still would be. The PC your using to read this message, the board its posted on and the network its transmitted over WOULD NOT EXIST because it "took money out of someones pocket". I agree 100% with JC's stated philosophy: If ya can't guarantee the results...you have no business charging for it. Its called FRAUD. IMHO

I live for the day there is no such thing as money...but there would be nothing for so many arseholes to do if there was no gain in stealing....oh the agony of it all.
tounge.gif

but let's not lose focus on this thread.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134619895 -->

I live for the day there is no such thing as money...but there would be nothing for so many arseholes to do if there was no gain in stealing....oh the agony of it all.
tounge.gif

but let's not lose focus on this thread.  
wink.gif
Yes, Don't want this thread to be moved to random thoughts
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134620787 -->

It isn't much..but it's free and "up by the weekend" as promised.
I borrowed the graphics and made a small disclaimer.
I tried it in a couple of browsers at different resolutions...it seems OK in them all .... Mozilla with 1280x1024 works nicely.

you still need to PM me for an email address to submit a map.
this way I at least know that a member has made each submission.
it's an honor system, so don't abuse it.
Busa maps only please...
I may mirror the Dynojet maps located on the PowerCommander server and the "how to" files also...in the near future.

L I N K Y

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134885685 -->

BTW ...I will NOT be listing the names or IDs of anyone making a submission...unless they specifically request it.
wink.gif

I have a JC map in my bike. When i went to get it dyno tuned the shop didn't charge me because they said the map is dead on. They said they would feel guilty taking my money for nothing. I have a friend that has the same mods as me and he's a good rider. My bike constantly pulls him out the hole, mid, and topend. Sometimes he beats me out of the hole and I still drive around him. The only difference is the map.

It isn't much..but it's free and "up by the weekend" as promised.
I borrowed the graphics and made a small disclaimer.
I tried it in a couple of browsers at different resolutions...it seems OK in them all .... Mozilla with 1280x1024 works nicely.

you still need to PM me for an email address to submit a map.
this way I at least know that a member has made each submission.
it's an honor system, so don't abuse it.
Busa maps only please...
I may mirror the Dynojet maps located on the PowerCommander server and the "how to" files also...in the near future.

L I N K Y
I can't wait to see some maps here!!
biggrin.gif

I don't know much about the PC, but I took a quick look at the .DJM and .MAP files in a hex editor, and they don't look very complex.

I'm not sure what the relationship between the DJM and MAP files is, but it would be interesting to compare two maps (stock vs. highly modded bike) and see what the differences are. I would bet there wouldn't be that much difference between the files.

Has anyone (who is knowledgeable about the PC) done this? Has Dynojet detailed the file formats?

I like the idea of having maps available, but I bet it will piss people (those that provide maps) off.

JC: You're a class act! Thanks for giving the OK for publishing your maps.

I don't know much about the PC, but I took a quick look at the .DJM and .MAP files in a hex editor, and they don't look very complex.  

I'm not sure what the relationship between the DJM and MAP files is, but it would be interesting to compare two maps (stock vs. highly modded bike) and see what the differences are.  I would bet there wouldn't be that much difference between the files.

Has anyone (who is knowledgeable about the PC) done this?  Has Dynojet detailed the file formats?  

I like the idea of having maps available, but I bet it will piss people (those that provide maps) off.

JC:  You're a class act!  Thanks for giving the OK for publishing your maps.
I did a comparo of the difference between stock and tuners maps on the dynojet software.
THe difference is mainly in smoothing the curves.
Most website pc maps have sharp curves . the tuner maps have smoother curves . Also, some maps have leaner percentage is some partitions while others have it richer.

There's a firm possibility of a definite maybe..........

That someone might share a map.....
rock.gif

I'm not sure what the relationship between the DJM and MAP files is, but it would be interesting to compare two maps (stock vs. highly modded bike) and see what the differences are. I would bet there wouldn't be that much difference between the files.

Has anyone (who is knowledgeable about the PC) done this? Has Dynojet detailed the file formats?

JC: You're a class act! Thanks for giving the OK for publishing your maps.
the differences between the maps was done (or so I was led to believe) so that earlier versions of the PCs/software would not get mistakenly used in the the newer units. However, if you use a newer PC on an older model, you can load the older maps by changing the extension of the file (this info can be found in the FAQS pages of the PowerCommander site).

Still waiting for someone to send in a map to get uploaded....
PM me for an email addy to send it to.

Back