Why do people hate on the busa sound???

Read his whole post. He was referring to the short meg system video the dadofthree posted. Not arguing tips but this post was made in reference to a Brocks system.

Its going back and forth, again everyones taste isnt the same, if he thinks it sounds great let it be.

Sent from my Incredible using tapatalk pro!

Read his whole post. He was referring to the short meg system video the dadofthree posted. Not arguing tips but this post was made in reference to a Brocks system.

Dadofthree's post is only a white box on my computer. I didn't realize that the Brocks was what was being referred to. JGGUNS, my appologies sir.:beerchug:

Load pipes equal new laws outlawing aftermarket exhausts . people that go extreme like shorties just ruin it for everyone else in the future.

how? harleys have been annoying ears for years:laugh:, even the bike cops around here removed the baffles from their exhausts... (2 harley road kings I believe???) I don't think loud pipes ,specifically shorties, will cause motions for new Db laws... I think it's the disrespect of some riders to wind the tach out while riding around residential areas trying to be heard that will be cause for new laws:banghead: if ya run shorties try n be quiet at least until you leave your block :rofl:

...I don't think loud pipes will cause motions for new Db laws... I think it's the disrespect of some riders to wind the tach out while riding around residential areas trying to be heard that will be cause for new laws...
This is correct. Everytime a loud motorcycle races down a street in my neighborhood, doing a burst at high RPMs in 1st or 2nd,,, it drives me crazy. I can see the people up and down the street shaking their heads with disgust.
Don't get me wrong, once on the highway or interstate, fire away! no prob.
You would think the extreamly short time it takes to get out of most neighborhoods, people would take it very easy, and be cool.

and here the culprits are primarily young people on 600cc sports bikes and such. Keep it smart out there people, as most of you already do. Not only is it safer for all, but it helps with the general reputation of motorcyclist, specifically sportbikes. Thanks for reading...

Apparently even busa owners hate on the busa sound. I thought I'd never see the day I got ragged by a fellow busa owner because of the way my bike sounds. I'd expect this from a 600 forum, but not you guys :(

*Rolls eyes*

Jethro, you have to understand that a lot of us think short pipes make your bike sound like crap, and make you look like an attention-seeking poser. Loud bikes are annoying and make cagers hate us.

I.m gonna quote Blanca from another thread and say cant we all just get along LOL.

Everyone is different. I have had stockers on and cant stand to just hear the motor or transmission click, so I change. I now like the louder pipes cause when i had my D and D slip ons before and a Harley guy gave me crap I drowned him out, made him look bad, and felt great about it, and he had straight pipes on.

On another occasion I had a friend of mine not want to ride behind me cause he said I made his ears bleed with the tone that came out of the exhaust while holding 80mph on the freeway for a long period of time lol.

Like the power of the bike when it comes to a newbie riding on it, we all tell them if they respect the HP then they will be fine, same thing goes for exhaust, if you are going to go loud then respect that some people dont like it and then just roll on. I try not to upset people in my sub(mostly cause I yell at others that speed and dont want to seem like a hipocrate) but out of respect for those that are sleeping or what not I try to keep my hand off the throttle while coming towards my house.

Personally I never liked the sound of a straight pipe style exhaust which it seems to me these shorties are, to unrestricted if you will. I will always prefer the sound of a well tuned and machined exhaust systems.

nothing sounds better than a properly tuned exhaust.
:poke:just pullin the cans and making it loud w/o tuning it is a tactical equipment fail, and that earns you a

tactical_facepalm.jpg

If your cheap an just put exhaust tips on, better be saving for a valve job. youll drop a valve sooner then later due to no back pressure. Ive seen it on 2 1k's

Shorties rock. I had the 2 brothers on mine before the turbo. Good sound at idle and crusing, loud wide open.

The whole intent of this thread was not to have a shorty bash, or to hate on different types of exhaust systems. My only point was that it seems most people are uninformed when it comes to the hayabusa. When people think sportbike, they think "Indy car sound" which may be true to an extent, but it's also unfair to all of us. What grinds my gears is, I buy the biggest baddest bike out there, and get no respect from uninformed people. I'll compare this to my truck. When most people hear my truck (straight pipes turbo back) they think it sounds like crap. They are uninformed. They do not realize it's a sled pulling monster with 600+ hp that will do the 1/4 mile in the high 12's, and still get 25+ mpg. It's a diesel, and most people already have a preconcieved notion about diesel trucks. Right up until the point where their head is pinned back to the headrest when they experience the 4wd launch. All of a sudden, all bets are off about diesel trucks. Their preconcieved notion just got shattered. The saddest part is, most people will never experience what we have, they will never ride a busa, and they will never understand why we have all grown to love that low growl our motors make. Shorty's, full exhaust, no exhaust, 4 into 1, or stock, the busa makes an unmistakeable exhaust note that only a small percentage of people will understand.

The whole intent of this thread was not to have a shorty bash, or to hate on different types of exhaust systems. My only point was that it seems most people are uninformed when it comes to the hayabusa. When people think sportbike, they think "Indy car sound" which may be true to an extent, but it's also unfair to all of us. What grinds my gears is, I buy the biggest baddest bike out there, and get no respect from uninformed people.
Not liking the sound of an unmuffled exhaust does not equate to being "uninformed".
You keep referring to "the Busa sound"; there is no such thing. An engine can be made to sound a multitude of ways, through endless exhaust modifications. I'm pretty sure that Suzuki never intended for the Busa to run without an exhaust system.
Also, and this isn't a personal attack, if I saw someone riding around without an exhaust system (or a wanker-loud one) I wouldn't show them any respect either. I would think they might as well have a neon sign on their back that read, "Look at me! Look at me! Pay me attention!!!"

I agree with you about diesels, though. I love them.

Not liking the sound of an unmuffled exhaust does not equate to being "uninformed".
You keep referring to "the Busa sound"; there is no such thing. An engine can be made to sound a multitude of ways, through endless exhaust modifications. I'm pretty sure that Suzuki never intended for the Busa to run without an exhaust system.
Also, and this isn't a personal attack, if I saw someone riding around without an exhaust system (or a wanker-loud one) I wouldn't show them any respect either. I would think they might as well have a neon sign on their back that read, "Look at me! Look at me! Pay me attention!!!"

I agree with you about diesels, though. I love them.

Well busas are so fast even at red lights those neon signs would be useless cause u cant be seen on a busa hahahaha jk man :rofl:

Its getting to tense in here :laugh:

Well busas are so fast even at red lights those neon signs would be useless cause u cant be seen on a busa hahahaha jk man :rofl:

Its getting to tense in here :laugh:

Its not tense, people are just setting this guy straight :laugh:

If you post something like this publicly be prepared to get ripped a new one

Can someone post just the link to the video dadofthree posted? I can't see it at work, but I can use my android to watch it. What's the name of the video?

Back