Why do people hate on the busa sound???

I say good job getting 20+ post on your first thread:cheerleader:

Haha yeah, I hear ya. I'm seriously deliberating not starting another one. I'm not sure if it's worth the pain, anguish, and emotion involved in getting railroaded in ten different directions for voicing an opinion. I obviously have a much different taste than most people in here. My bike, truck, and jet boat all have straight pipes. I just haven't had a chance to tune my bike like I would prefer. I still believe 100% (based on my aircraft engine building background) that less backpressure equals more power so long as you have enough backpressure to scavenge exhaust gasses (headers are enough for that IMO) and your engine is properly tuned to that setup. I accept full criticism for not tuning my bike for my overly loud shorty pipes. I highly doubt im doing any serious damage to it by running it like it is. I suppose if I am, and I absolutely have to tear into it, I would have to build it like my truck and boat. With way too much horsepower than it actually needs. I guess I have too many other hobbies. My apologies for starting a mudslinging fest. I will think twice before posting something that people have so many different opinions about.

Haha yeah, I hear ya. I'm seriously deliberating not starting another one. I'm not sure if it's worth the pain, anguish, and emotion involved in getting railroaded in ten different directions for voicing an opinion. I obviously have a much different taste than most people in here. My bike, truck, and jet boat all have straight pipes. I just haven't had a chance to tune my bike like I would prefer. I still believe 100% (based on my aircraft engine building background) that less backpressure equals more power so long as you have enough backpressure to scavenge exhaust gasses (headers are enough for that IMO) and your engine is properly tuned to that setup. I accept full criticism for not tuning my bike for my overly loud shorty pipes. I highly doubt im doing any serious damage to it by running it like it is. I suppose if I am, and I absolutely have to tear into it, I would have to build it like my truck and boat. With way too much horsepower than it actually needs. I guess I have too many other hobbies. My apologies for starting a mudslinging fest. I will think twice before posting something that people have so many different opinions about.

Where are you getting so many different opinions about? The off topic comments are off topic compared to your original post of "busa" sound. That is the only thing you are butt hurt about. You posted people hating on you about your "busa" sound and ended up getting told why you get hated on because obnoxious sounding exhaust are stupid no matter what the bike and sound awful. Backpressure is just something people argue about like oil, tires and chinese products :laugh:

Sorry you got so butt hurt about your annoying exhaust but its the truth and if you choose not to post again that is your loss that you cant take criticism. I was told the same way I am telling you that if you want to post stuff around here be prepared to take the criticism from people especially if its something the general population of the Org disapproves of. In example: Riding without proper gear is a HUGE thing you will get flamed about on here so if you dont ride with proper gear or at least with something to cover all of you skin I HIGHLY suggest not posting any pictures or saying so unless you have manned up to be able to take the heat from it.

There are many very intelligent people on this site and there are a few... very not so intelligent people... You will learn who those are in time. And just to let you know, that there probly are a handfull of people that like your exhaust but they do not post in agreeance with you because they will also get flamed :laugh:

I made this for my busa, sadly I haven't been able to hear it because I'm doing other maintainance at the moment.
IMG_0251.jpg
[/IMG]

That is untrue and an uninformed statement. You need to go read the thread specifically the section on backpressure.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/25875-exhaust-myths-vs-reality.html

Not entirely. There's something to it, if not why is it all the bikes around town with tips smoke constantly, and have excessive valve train noise? And why why do I keep putting motors in peoples bikes that insist on running them? No your right, I must be ill-informed.

Oh and don't blame it on the tune either, most of them were tuned with the tips too.

I made this for my busa, sadly I haven't been able to hear it because I'm doing other maintainance at the moment.
IMG_0251.jpg
[/IMG]
that i like! do you sacrifice the bellywing? back on topic, to each his own with what style pipe you like and although they(voodoo) are loud, they sound great.:thumbsup:

Not entirely. There's something to it, if not why is it all the bikes around town with tips smoke constantly, and have excessive valve train noise? And why why do I keep putting motors in peoples bikes that insist on running them? No your right, I must be ill-informed.

Oh and don't blame it on the tune either, most of them were tuned with the tips too.

Sorry for the thread jack but for the argumentative here is some additional reading on the back pressure Myth.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_product/sue462/backpressuretorquemyth.htm

that i like! do you sacrifice the bellywing? back on topic, to each his own with what style pipe you like and although they(voodoo) are loud, they sound great.:thumbsup:

Right, I don't use the belly wing and have modified the side fairings as well, it may look like a muffler but the tubes that go through are cross drilled so it is basically just a resonator. I used to have straight pipes that cut out in front of the rear tire and have cruised next to state patrol on the highway and never gotten grief about it, but the sound still wasn't as annoying as a harly on the throttle.

Back