Why do people cover their tags in photos?

It comes down to me not trusting anybody... excepet for my loving Busa brothers and sisters.. :cheerleader:

I'll bet more people will see my tag on the way home from work today (43 miles) than on the org in a year.

The point is "How many of the people on the road would want to steal your bike just by seeing you drive by...?"

The guys that make a living stealing peoples stuff know exactly how to find your bike with the plate. On a stock bike it's probably not worth the trouble but some of these guys that see $30k+ bikes online will take the time to find out where you live and come take your pride and joy.

It's just an extra precaution that some people take. Also, some people making videos don't want to law coming after them if they do something crazy and post it online...

My Suzuki Hayabusa did 278 MPH down US hwy 30 at 12PM today.. my license is 245689IN Please come give me the ticket so I can prove to the world how fast my bike is...

Thanks (we now return you to the thread in progress)

I don't know of anyone out on the street seeing my plate who lives in another country using software to automatically scan forums for this type of information to use for criminal activities.

I don't know of anyone out on the street seeing my plate who lives in another country using software to automatically scan forums for this type of information to use for criminal activities.

And if the criminal is a smart one, you never will...even after they've used your info against you. ???

There you go. :thumbsup:
My thoughts exactly.
Bubba

When I'm on my bike...I'm going to fast to read my plate number...:laugh: Thats why I don't worry about it but if I post a picture, I'm sittin' still and the whole world can read it. I DON'T TRUST ANYONE IN THIS CRAZY MESSED UP WORLD...IF YOU CAN THINK OF IT, SOME CRAZY CAN TO AND HE'LL DO IT.???

Like has been said - If someone wants it bad enough they will come get it.

Of course I made it a little harder for them w/ 35 guns, 2 Pit Bulls, Roadlok, alarm w/ motion sensor, house alarm, locked garage, gated community, live on a cul-de-sac & my next door neighbor works for the CIA.

Busa%20Back.JPG

Like has been said - If someone wants it bad enough they will come get it.

Of course I made it a little harder for them w/ 35 guns, 2 Pit Bulls, Roadlok, alarm w/ motion sensor, house alarm, locked garage, gated community, live on a cul-de-sac & my next door neighbor works for the CIA.

So we're talking inside job :whistle:

I really never understood why many folks cover their license plate when submitting photos. It seems you can't cover it while out riding so folks could attain it then if they wanted???. Give me some insight as I never cover mine and now I am curious as to what the ramifications of this could be.

Some azzhat with the right connections can locate your address and discover an otherwise unnoticed bike. Yes, you can get my tag from me just riding on the street but no reason to give anyone a leg up on discovering my baby....

I'll put it like this, 99 out of 100 times I can probably leave my front door unlocked, leave the house, and nothing would happen. Do I really want to leave the front door to my house unlocked? No. I lock it for safety and prevent any mishaps that I can.

Some person was busted for something(I forgot what) by posting it on You Tube. Wasn't violent that I do know. There was a hype about it not all that long ago. He was hit hard on the charge as to be made an example.

I agree that posting videos of yourself on YouTube or where ever, breaking the law with your identity obvious, you could get into some trouble. However, if you post on this or any other site that you went 150 MPH on some named highway in text, I find it difficult to believe that any D.A. or prosecutor could or would be successful in a conviction with that as the sole evidence. I could be totally wrong here and maybe one can be fined/convicted for foolishly bragging on some internet forum about ones speeding if speeding was all you were posting about? Damn, they got your address from your screen name and came to get you and you didn't even have your tag showing?:laugh:

I dunno, I guess if they want you, they will get you, be it criminals or Law Enforcement if so invited.:whistle:

Yeah, I dont know about the rest of the people here but those of you who keep harping on "come and get my bike". I dont give a rats a$$ about my bike, nor my vehicles, nor any other possesion I have.

My concern is if someone got a hair up there a$$ and wanted to get personal.

And if anyone has the attitude of "we let them come and start somne shid"
yeah, well that is if the person was kind of enough to confront you face to face.
What if you pissed someone off and they decided to sit across the street and take you out with a bullet
or blow your car up.

I have been around the block a few times, spent a few years in the Marines, was a bounty hunter for a few years, have trained in martial arts long enough that I wont mention, and guess what? if someone wanted to take me out bad enough there isnt much I could do about it. I do not posses any false sense of security thinking I am the ultimate bad a$$, because ANYONE can be taken out at anytime. Just depends on how bad someone wants you. you cant keep your gaurd up 24/7 and you cant be aware of 100% of your surroundings ever.

In case no one has noticed people are nutting up latley, it is in the news almost daily about someone's switch getting flipped, them nutting up and taking out a few people. Just happened a few days ago. soome guy walks into a hosptial, kills two people then puts the gun under his jaw and takes himself out.

No one has a cluse as to why, everyone said the guy wass friendly, these were co workers, no one knew of any problems, the guy didnt get fired. Just something flipped his switch and took two co-workers out and himself.

You never know when someone has just had the final straw laid on them.

So again I say, this isnt about someone steeling my bike or possesions it is about the personal safety of my family and myself.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dont know about the rest of the people here but those of you who keep harping on "come and get my bike". I dont give a rats a$$ about my bike, nor my vehicles, nor any other possesion I have.

My concern is if someone got a hair up there a$$ and wanted to get personal.

And if anyone has the attitude of "we let them come and start somne shid"
yeah, well that is if the person was kind of enough to confront you face to face.
What if you pissed someone off and they decided to sit across the street and take you out with a bullet
or blow your car up.

I have been around the block a few times, spent a few years in the Marines, was a bounty hunter for a few years, have trained in martial arts long enough that I wont mention, and guess what? if someone wanted to take me out bad enough there isnt much I could do about it. I do not posses any false sense of security thinking I am the ultimate bad a$$, because ANYONE can be taken out. you cant keep your gaurd up 24/7 and you cant be aware of 100% of your surroundings ever.

In case no one has noticed people are nutting up latley, it is in the news almost daily about someone's switch getting flipped, them nutting up and taking out a few people. Just happened a few days ago. soome guy walks into a hosptial, kills two people then puts the gun under his jaw and takes himself out.

No one has a cluse as to why, everyone said the guy wass friendly, these were co workers, no one knew of any problems, the guy didnt get fired. Just something flipped his switch and took two co-workers out and himself.

You never know when someone has just had the final straw laid on them.

So again I say, this isnt about someone steeling my bike or possesions it is about the personal safety of my family and myself.

I understand where you are coming from. I appreciate both sides to this discussion. It has brought to light some excellent points from all.

Back