When People Feel The Busa's Power

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Jax Busa 02.jpg
Put my grandnephew on the Busa yesterday. Funny how people who touch the bike are amazed at what a monster it is. So I fired it up and with the Yoshi R-77 its a pretty quiet idler. Then I let him twist the throttle and the bike let out a huge roar. He took off running full speed. Lol!

I had one girl who was about 10 or 12 with her mom looking at it. She liked bikes and wanted to hear the engine. When I started it she had a look of oh, so what. Then I let her rev it and she jumps back and looks at me with her eyes as big as her head. Then, she just burst into tears! Funniest thing ever.

I had a similar thing happen with a HD guy. We had been jawing back and forth all night (having fun). He said inline 4's sound like yard equipment. So I said you need to hear what real power sounds like. When he twisted my throttle everyone in the parking lot turned around and looked over! That's what I love about the R-77. It can be quiet as a mouse and at around 7K it wakes up. But at 10K, it is the loudest, maddest sound around. It sounds like a GP bike or something.

Because of the extra 340cc's the Busa adds a bit of a throatiness to the liter bike sound. It is startling to people not prepared for what a mechanical monster sounds like. It's amazing what the whine of a turbo or supercharger adds to this!

I had my girl dyno tuned at Redline Performance here in Yorktown. They are Ducati guys along with other Euro brands. Hearing the Busa howling like a wolf in the land of rattling twins was awesome. Everyone in the showroom was looking around like "what the hell is that".

Man I hope the Gen III is good, I'm in.

Back