who's the vendor GPR V4 stabilizer

im going to go with the Ohlins. I talked to a few LSR people and they all use it but run it in the factory location so they can get down more to hide from the 200+ MPH winds and thats my plan in May. thank you all for all your input.. you all are awesome.. aces in my book :thumbsup:
having it in the stock location is useless! u can't make adjustments on the fly. you cannot reach ur hand down there and adjust it while ur riding. and having the top mount is TOO FUKN big! either buy the scotts or the GPR if u want but do not buy the one for the stock location.

having it in the stock location is useless! u can't make adjustments on the fly. you cannot reach ur hand down there and adjust it while ur riding. and having the top mount is TOO FUKN big! either buy the scotts or the GPR if u want but do not buy the one for the stock location.

You have to explain this one to me. Why would you want to adjust your damper on the fly? Most street riders ride their entire life and never get in a situation that a damper is needed. I set my Ohlin's on eight clicks out and that's where it stays unless I decide to do a few nose wheelies. I wouldn't trade an Ohlin's rod damper for a wheel barrow filled with rotary dampers. If you want to know what works best, look at what the best riders with number plates use. I haven't seen a rotary damper on a race bike for a long time.

well, Tuff wen u get onto the street with a FAST Turbo bike like the OP has you wud know that wen u wanna let it rip and go WOT to go STRAIGHT ur gonna wanna tighten up ur damper as tight as it can get for safely reasons so wen ur wheel lifts it comes down STRAIGHT. I really need to explain this to you? but wen u wanna take corners or ride in a normal fashion ur gonna wanna loosen it up a bit so u can actually TURN safely.

I adjust mine all the time on the street depending on wat type of riding I'm doing at the moment.

THAT is why u want the ability to adjust it on the fly. I know u don't drag race or LSR but if u did and actually rode ur bike to the drag track or the LSR track like a LOT of us do ur gonna want that adjustability.

lmao were not referring to to a road race bike on the street. try to stay of topic here Tuff. what kind of race bike are u referring to? u are aware the op does NOT have a roundy-round 180 hp track bike right? he has a TURBO bike making almost 600 hp thats stretched and I can't remember the last time I've ever seen a stretched TURBO bike going around in circles for hours at the track. he wants to go LSR and drag it occasionally.

uve never seen a rotary damper on a race bike? well, just about every race bike I see at the track has a SCOTTS damper. in fact, I have NEVER seen an Ohlins damper on a drag bike or a LSR bike other then the one I had but that was a top mount. I'm sure their out there but I've never seen one other then mine.

You have to explain this one to me. Why would you want to adjust your damper on the fly? Most street riders ride their entire life and never get in a situation that a damper is needed. I set my Ohlin's on eight clicks out and that's where it stays unless I decide to do a few nose wheelies. I wouldn't trade an Ohlin's rod damper for a wheel barrow filled with rotary dampers. If you want to know what works best, look at what the best riders with number plates use. I haven't seen a rotary damper on a race bike for a long time.

If you want to play with your damper going down the drag strip, so be it. If you require a damper as stiff as it will go to safely do a wheelie, I'd suggest you keep the front wheel firmly on the ground, you will live a longer more productive life with all the appendages functioning properly.

I've spent more time on the rear tire than most and I've never felt the need to crank the damper down. As a matter of fact, I keep the damper a bit on the loose side so the bike can do what it was designed to do. If a damper is required to keep your bike from shaking its head, you have suspension issues.

I'm not surprised that you don't understand the function of a damper. Not many street guys do as well as some of those with race numbers. It's rare to find a street bike without the damper being screwed down to tight. Most think just like you "The tighter the better"! It aint so! The damper is there to keep the headshake from escalating into a tank slapper, not to restrict the head from correcting wheel alignment. The best thing you can do when you get head shake is to relax on the bars and let the bike straighten itself out.

I don't drag race? Hells bells man, you sit all day at the track to get 4 trips through the traps. I get ten drag races in every two minutes maybe 70 or more times a day. It's always a drag race from one corner to the next. I never feel the need to adjust the damper between corners. :dunno: I must be doing something wrong cause I set the damper in the spring and rarely change it all season unless the temperature drops below 50 degrees and I haven't crashed due to a tank slapper since 2003.

Back