who's the vendor GPR V4 stabilizer

Pit Bull 13

Registered
I need to find a GPR V4 stabilizer for my bike.. trying to get my bike ready for Ohio. I don't want to rush out and spend $500.. so I have a few months.. so if any of you awesome Busa nation folks know who sells them cheap.. My sponsor doesn't have the hook up on them. :banghead:

gauges.jpg
11.jpg

gauges.jpg

11.jpg

Spend the xtra $$$ on an Ohlins or Scotts. Never heard anything good said about the GPR nor do I see any of the tricked out performance bikes running em. Maybe they are good maybe they aren't?? But @ least you know 4 sure what your getting with the other 2 brands

back when i was using a GPR on my 600 it saved me a few times. they are just as good as any other brand. as long as ur triple tree is stock in everyway. thats why my busa dont have one since i usually lower my front one way or another

I'm sorry but unless you've owned both of the other brands and used them on that same exact 600 then you can't make that statement that it is just as good. That would be a matter of opinion not fact.

If you are gonna get a GPR make sure you get the latest version because the earlier models have been known to leak.... you can find complaints about them on almost any bike forum.

Before you go buying a rotary stabilizer for big bucks, you may want to consider a rod type stabilizer such as Ohlin's offers. You will find few if any high end road racers who use a rotary stabilizer.

My Ohlin's go to guy is: Dan Kyle at Kyle Racing "kyleusa.com". If you are interested in the good stuff give Dan a jingle 831-394-1330, he's always willing to chat about all things racing from engines to suspension. Super knowledgeable fella.

well looks like I'm going to be going with Ohlin's. thank you all so far for input. now who has them for a great price??? with top mount for easy adjustment

I gave you the number. Your decision whether to dial it and do your own shopping.

go with the Scott's stabilizer. its a top mount as well. I personally owned the Ohlins on my Busa and yea it works great but its just too dam BIG and looks awkward and almost hits the dam bar when u turn it completely therefore I sold it.

took a while to sell and there was very little interest in it. put a Scott's up for sale and it will be sold the next day likely.

the Scotts is easier to adjust and just look a LOT cleaner on ur bike. their both gonna be about the same price.

GPR is known to leak so steer clear. maybe the new ones are better but their just not the same quality as the Scott's which is why they cost less. u get wat u pay for usually

IMG_0041.jpg

for what its worth, i had the first version GPR. it saved me two times so i call it worth the money. any stabilizer is going to do its job for street use. depends how your going to ride.

Go with Scotts, Inbox me and will get you taken care of when ready to buy...

I had a Scott on my other bike - a Bandit. It worked fine and I had no complaints. It was easy to adjust. But honestly I'm not sure the steering on the bandit is steep enough to work a damper. Sold it in 1 day like someone said already. But I'm looking for an Ohlins here for the Busa maybe in the summer. I love Ohlins what can I say. Does the Gen I not have a stock steering damper? How much of a difference does it make? I know the TL could be a widow maker without one, but the busa is pretty stable.

The busa does have a stock steering damper but it's night & day compared 2 an ohlins. The major difference is the stocker can't be adjusted.... I've done the fork oil mod on mine where you drain out the oil in the damper and replace it with a heavier viscosity fork oil to provide more resistance on the damper action. It made a little difference but nothing compared to the ease of merely sitting on my busa and turning the knob on my ohlins to increase or decrease the resistance in a matter of seconds. Now if your just riding around town and take an occasional trip down the highway then I imagine the stock would be more than enough 2 get the job done. But if you do aggressive street riding involving nice back country winding roads or occasional track days or Land speed races etc. your probably gonna need a little more than what the stocker can provide. I noticed a difference right off the bat when I installed the ohlins especially @ accelerated speeds

im going to go with the Ohlins. I talked to a few LSR people and they all use it but run it in the factory location so they can get down more to hide from the 200+ MPH winds and thats my plan in May. thank you all for all your input.. you all are awesome.. aces in my book :thumbsup:

Hate to be the guy that points out the obvious but why? Are you running the OEM damper?

For what you are doing the OEM one works fine. If you need more then just change out the oil to a heavier weight.

I'd say save the $500 for something you really need or for gas/entry fee to the race... ;)

I was planning to buy the ohlins too but realized I would need to buy leathers as well so the damper money will go towards leathers and I am going to do the oil mod on the oem damper.

Just fyi i got my ohlins for $310 shipped from hard racing. Just incase you can squeeze the budget for leathers and a new damper.

If you are doing the damper oil mod, be aware that most people think the stiffer the better. Not so. The riders who buy aftermarket such as Ohlin's more often than not adjust them to tight which is worse in many cases than not having a damper at all. The steering is designed to correct itself (Rake & Trail) when the tires get out of alignment. When the damper gives too much resistance the steering has difficulty correcting itself and things go bad in a hurry.

For instance, when the rear spins and steps out, in all but extreme cases the front tire automatically turns into the slide. If the damper is to stiff to allow the front wheel to compensate by turning into the slide it's usually all over but the slow walking and the sad singing!

Going from OEM 5wt to 90wt is a huge jump. Will 90wt make it to stiff or is OEM 5wt to light? You decide! :dunno:

Good feedback. I want to keep the stock location for the damper but I don't think I want to spend $400 dollars doing it. My main reason for for LSR. The oem right now really feels like an ornament in a Christmas tree. Every time I get in it in first and second gear it comes up some want to make sure that a slight wiggle at 190 doesn't turn into a dance.

Back