GPR V4 on Lowered Triple Questions

TheWetstone

Registered
Hey guys I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I wasn't able to find the info in the search option so I thought I'd ask. Is it possible to mount a GPR V4 on a stock triple tree that has a 1" lowering block kit? I bought the dampner off of a buddy and am awaiting the hardware to mount it to my 2005 but I started looking at the instructions and was wondering if it is now possible due to where it mounts. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:
No problem at all to mount it. The 1" block you are using came with 4 longer than stock bolts to replace the originals. You will need to send those to GPR to be drilled and tapped to accept the smaller bolts that thread into them. You will also need additional spacers to raise the mount that attaches to the frame (and the tab on the tank). GPR offers fantastic customer service, I went through the EXACT situation you are in and GPR did not charge me for the additional parts needed or for their labor to drill and tap my bolts.

Feel free to contact me if you need further help
Dan

WOW! Thank you very much Dan I greatly appreciate it! I just sent GPR an e-mail so we'll see what they say, I'm just glad that I will hopefully be able to make this work. :thumbsup:

Don't hesitate to just pick up the phone & call GPR, keep in mind they are on west coast time. Their # is 619-661-0101.

Hey thank you pashnit, its good to know they're on west coast time as that's the reason I wrote the e-mail...I'm in training right now from 4am until about 630pm everyday so I didn't think I'd have time to call when they're open. They did respond to my e-mail right away though which is outstanding customer service, and they've definitely offered to help me out. All I've got to do now is get some time to un-install the bolts in the lowering kit to send to them to get modified :thumbsup:

Back