GPR V4 steering dampner gen2 busa

gunn4hyr

Registered
Anybody wanna trade a perfect GPR V4 dampner for a scotts with steering head mount im switching my upper triple clamp and going to clip ons so it wont mount
photo2_3_2.jpg

photo1_3.jpg

Just curious if this is what you have in mind (pic from Scotts site):
532lg.jpg

are they sooo much better than we have ..classical ones ? ? i dont mean stock i mean that model look

Ah, I follow you now. Admittedly, I'm not sure I understand the advantages of the PMR skeleton top clamp. The upper vibration plate/handle bar system works just fine. I suppose there is a minor weight savings from going to the hollowed out top clamp and a pair of clip ons, but it seems to be weight loss from the exact spot I would want to retain weight/ballast. It looks cool, but seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

It seems as though you're talking about a:
$200 top clamp
$175 clip ons
$20 new grips
$500 convert to scotts dampener

for minimal weight savings.

Guess I'm just not following you.

Your rite it does seem like alot but I already have everything but the new damper And all I really do is dragrace so weight is everything

Your rite it does seem like alot but I already have everything but the new damper And all I really do is dragrace so weight is everything

Then put 90 weight in your factory dampener, lose the gpr, and get rid of all those unnecessary gauges :p

how do adjust that 90w gear oil?

I wish those gauges were un necessary but gotta have em NOS pressure OIL pressure and AIR pressure and NOS Purge

Have a quick question on this related topic.
I have been wanting a stabilizer for my Busa but I dont race it (track or drag). I ride around town and so short touring with it (200-300 mile weekends).
Would I benefit from a stabilizer at all with my lack of really aggressive riding or would it be a waste of $ that I could put somewhere else?

Back