Who Rode Today?

Hey Kiwi, the alpine, or high country as it's commonly referred to is some beautiful areas in Victoria. Great riding, eating and wineries. Stayed the night at a place called Boonie Doon.
Looks like a nice wee spot at Boonie Doon . . . everyone there has a Scots accent luddie?
1555263325008.png

Sadly, no. It be your typical country 'strayla accent :(
We stayed at the local pub, rooms good, but huge open fire in the dining room.

View attachment 1597536

View attachment 1597539

If you get over here at some stage to visit Toad, come via Melbourne. We'll go see some. I've got the 'busa for you and the 109 for me..
Good onya mate!!
Very nice offer, I would love to come over and visit you guys as soon as, I have 2 little dogs and live alone so it's not easy knowing how to have them looked after if I was gone a couple weeks. But it's definitely on my list!
Cheers bro!
You Ozzies are pretty gracious, and if you want to tour the South lsland I can help out with that too, my mate has 4 bikes, all GSXR's and he shares!

Sadly, no. It be your typical country 'strayla accent :(
We stayed at the local pub, rooms good, but huge open fire in the dining room.

View attachment 1597536

View attachment 1597539

If you get over here at some stage to visit Toad, come via Melbourne. We'll go see some. I've got the 'busa for you and the 109 for me..
Thank you bro , that would be great some day to get across to catch up with you for sure . I do love Melbourne , and Victoria a lot bro , and I haven't been the shortish distance over from Adelaide , for many years . I do not have much spare time at present , as carer for the 'Old Dear ' , but I would like to get over to the Island also , one of these days . Maybe we could organize something in future bro , be great to ride those legend Vic. swervery with you . :thumbsup:

Today was Easter Friday . . . and the cops were out in force!!
We encountered 4 separate Highway patrol cars cruising the Tai Tapu to Little River road (our usual ride, featured in my GoPro vids, 25 miles of bliss) and one of them got a little agitated with us, especially when we disappeared from his view through multiple passes in heavy traffic on the two lane road. Had to lie low for a few hours, and even then, while heading back to base we saw another HW Patrol with radar instant-on but we were sitting on the speed limit, so no problemo!
Here in NZ on public holidays the cops have 'zero tolerance' on speeding, anything over 103kmh and they will issue infringement notices if they are able. The speed limit is 100kmh.
Any other day they will allow around 110kmh before the disco lights go on. Then it's party time . . . I usually have the Saturday Night Fever sound track playing when I see the Disco lights lmao!!

...out to get their quota no doubt...
Ha! Quota? They absolutely deny they have a quota system, publicly that is . . . but I saw a vid on youtube (Red needs to see this too) done covertly by a couple of young guys on dirt bikes riding along the side of a main road, and a cop pulled them up and he had no clue he was being filmed, he opnly told these guys he has a quota to fulfil but today is their 'lucky day' and because he was about to finish his shift, he will let them ride their bikes home, no tickets.
Check this out, at 6:20 the cop explains about the quotas . . . linked to 'key performance indicators' . . .

Rode to steinhatchee, Florida and then made my way east towards some sections of the now shutdown cross Florida barge canal project. Eventually ran out of pavement and things got sketchy riding the big concours through some of Florida’s dirt (is really sand in Florida) roads and had to turn around. Traction control light was going crazy and I was wishing I was on my DR650 to keep pushing through what turned into trails through a state park. Covered 545 miles. Definitely going back to that area soon. It is beautiful!!!!! Just need to be careful with wild life as I saw plenty of their carcasses on the side of the road and also ran over a black snake that was sun bathing on the road. I freaked out when I saw it, but couldn’t stop in time, so I had my feet almost up to the handlebars :rofl: !!! Glad it didn’t get entangled on my footpegs and just went back into the woods.

C836510C-3CF2-40C4-AC96-D123A8A5D3B8.jpeg

AB5DE4FD-7741-426C-934B-B6E862F802EC.jpeg

1228B495-D97D-46AF-B8D6-2CED1B74E8CD.jpeg

AE4EE72E-D7DE-4A99-8664-C685B3ACA254.jpeg

7AC74CB5-C124-4900-9217-AF4534F5AE56.jpeg

B0EC3E2D-9791-4D2D-B6CD-9C8706833951.jpeg

A91DB1CF-0DB3-4600-8AC9-EE954982FE97.jpeg

Last edited:
Back