Who Rode Today?

It was a nice day to ride over :banana: thought i saw a blackbird in ya group then realised it was your bike :lol:
ooops.
Lol, were you out there too?
Blackbird?? Wash your mouth out!
They weren't my group either . . . we came up behind them at Lake Forsythe they were all in a huddled group cruising at 110k, we followed them to Akas but the traffic on the hill was heavy so not much action there lol.

Lol, were you out there too?
Blackbird?? Wash your mouth out!
They weren't my group either . . . we came up behind them at Lake Forsythe they were all in a huddled group cruising at 110k, we followed them to Akas but the traffic on the hill was heavy so not much action there lol.
Ah right, i was rolling thru Little River when i saw the group and you guys at the back.

Rode to steinhatchee, Florida and then made my way east towards some sections of the now shutdown cross Florida barge canal project. Eventually ran out of pavement and things got sketchy riding the big concours through some of Florida’s dirt (is really sand in Florida) roads and had to turn around. Traction control light was going crazy and I was wishing I was on my DR650 to keep pushing through what turned into trails through a state park. Covered 545 miles. Definitely going back to that area soon. It is beautiful!!!!! Just need to be careful with wild life as I saw plenty of their carcasses on the side of the road and also ran over a black snake that was sun bathing on the road. I freaked out when I saw it, but couldn’t stop in time, so I had my feet almost up to the handlebars :rofl: !!! Glad it didn’t get entangled on my footpegs and just went back into the woods.

View attachment 1597977

View attachment 1597978

View attachment 1597979

View attachment 1597980

View attachment 1597981

View attachment 1597982

View attachment 1597983
Very nice pictures

I was able to get out for a quick ride on Saturday evening. Only had an hour so I did a short loop on some back roads. Of course they are all back roads in rural Iowa. Still being new to the bike I am conservative with the throttle but the pull is just amazing when I swing out to pass someone. 60 to 120 in the blink of an eye:super:

I have a whole box of parts to add to the Bus but finding the time is an issue.

When I was riding home on the freeway I got stuck in traffic (no lane splitting here). As you can see in the picture a car ended up facing the wrong way in a ditch.
Dent.JPG

It was ANZAC Day today . . .
Anzac Day - Wikipedia
so it was a public holiday and there was a bike show on at the Little River Domain, pics to follow . . . .

View attachment 1598109

View attachment 1598110

View attachment 1598111

View attachment 1598112

View attachment 1598113
Kiwi Rider thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos and the culture of your country.
Many beautiful motorcycles there, and your Busa looks looks so beautiful!
Stay safe and enjoy!

Kiwi Rider thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos and the culture of your country.
Many beautiful motorcycles there, and your Busa looks looks so beautiful!
Stay safe and enjoy!
Thanks mate, I will post up more great pics of another bike show we have on Saturday 27th April (this Saturday) at the Little River Hotel, there will be a huge array of bikes, all different types, NZ is a very motorcycle friendly and focused country and culture.
1556191297078.png

1556191375653.png

I like the photo which has the other blue and white Gixxers in the picture...
You mean this one?
The bike on the left is actually a 1985 RG500, very rare and very valuable, around $20K.
The bike in the middle is my riding buddy's 2006 GSXR1000, he just purchased it a month ago, he also has 3 other GSXR's.
And then of course is my blue and white Busa . . . the cream of the crop :D:bowdown::poke::race:
1556191563300.png

RG500 below
1556191718034.png

Amazingly we also saw a Yamaha RZ500 parked up at the pub . . . , also very rare and very valuable, $20-25K
1556192087588.png

You mean this one?
The bike on the left is actually a 1985 RG500, very rare and very valuable, around $20K.
The bike in the middle is my riding buddy's 2006 GSXR1000, he just purchased it a month ago, he also has 3 other GSXR's.
And then of course is my blue and white Busa . . . the cream of the crop :D:bowdown::poke::race:
View attachment 1598116
RG500 below
View attachment 1598117
I love RGs......I only took a glance and as you know the coloring is the same as the older Gixxers....those bikes are worth a small fortune now.

I rode one in the day and the guy who owned it rode the supreme crap out of it.....if he only knew................

I love RGs......I only took a glance and as you know the coloring is the same as the older Gixxers....those bikes are worth a small fortune now.

I rode one in the day and the guy who owned it rode the supreme crap out of it.....if he only knew................
Yeah, I know what you mean, they were not easy to ride fast, no engine braking and if you get the gear selection wrong mid corner, you are in trouble lol
The modern bikes we ride are a dream compared to the old 'uns, oh apart from the weight of them !

Yeah, I know what you mean, they were not easy to ride fast, no engine braking and if you get the gear selection wrong mid corner, you are in trouble lol
The modern bikes we ride are a dream compared to the old 'uns, oh apart from the weight of them !

Of course when we rode them they were cutting edge then, it was a huge step up from most of the bikes in it's day....I was a dedicated 2 stroke guy so riding that bike and my other friends' RZ500 was a real treat. When I could afford a bike like these, I went to the '86 Gixxer instead. I still remember how light that bike was.

Of course when we rode them they were cutting edge then, it was a huge step up from most of the bikes in it's day....I was a dedicated 2 stroke guy so riding that bike and my other friends' RZ500 was a real treat. When I could afford a bike like these, I went to the '86 Gixxer instead. I still remember how light that bike was.
Aaaaaahh . . the good ol' days eh? Haha, I could go on all night to and fro' with you but alas, it's late (11.45pm) and I gotta go to bed, upside is I can sleep in tomorrow morning . . .day off work, catchup soon mate, bye for now :D

Aaaaaahh . . the good ol' days eh? Haha, I could go on all night to and fro' with you but alas, it's late (11.45pm) and I gotta go to bed, upside is I can sleep in tomorrow morning . . .day off work, catchup soon mate, bye for now :D
Night night....

Love those pix!
Been riding to work most everyday now that the weather is good and the gas prices are bad!
Will post pix when I do a joy ride.

Back