Who Rode Today?

We got another 8 inches last night...now I have to break out the snow blower...sigh!

I have a 4wd too but am OCD so have to clear the snow....it's a sickness...speaking of which...
I picked something up from the grandkids and was sick the last couple days (spent the day yesterday on the couch) so my zip is very limited. It was a challenge to do the snow today. I am wiped now.
Perhaps a snow machine would be an appropriate purchase for next year?:poke:

Perhaps a snow machine would be an appropriate purchase for next year?

They are a money pit...maintenance is high, trail passes, license and insurance is expensive.

I had one before and it seemed like the season got shorter and shorter.

A place in the southern 'States would be a better purchase...

They are a money pit...maintenance is high, trail passes, license and insurance is expensive.

I had one before and it seemed like the season got shorter and shorter.

A place in the southern 'States would be a better purchase...
Fair enough. And yes, a place to winter would be nice....

We got another 8 inches last night...now I have to break out the snow blower...sigh!

I have a 4wd too but am OCD so have to clear the snow....it's a sickness...speaking of which...
I picked something up from the grandkids and was sick the last couple days (spent the day yesterday on the couch) so my zip is very limited. It was a challenge to do the snow today. I am wiped now.
Can’t you just pull the busa out and let the glare from your shiny bodywork melt it all or rev it up and let the exhaust blow all the snow to your front neighbors yard? :hide:
all joking aside, I got stranded 2 holiday seasons ago on my mustang in NY and had to shovel snow for the first time. The thing that got to me the most was seeing how neighbors help each other out. My friend and I cleaned his driveway and then took care of his elderly neighbors yard too. Others on the same street did the same.

I rode the Busa and FJR today. It was 42 degrees. It is sure a lot warmer on the FJR with the wind protection and heated grips. I took the same 45 miles route back to back on both so about 70 miles total. A combination of two lane hwy, country roads and freeway.

This picture was in front of an antique shop in a small town called Finchville...
IMG_6170.JPG

Last edited:
I went to a bike show at Strathalbyn today , got past a cop with hand held speed gun okay , because I was riding at the speed limit . Took a couple of pics of a mates drag GSX EFE , another mates z1000 , and someones beautiful copper Gen 1 .
IMG_20190407_115031.jpg

IMG_20190407_114954.jpg

IMG_20190407_115006.jpg

IMG_20190407_120059.jpg

I went to a bike show at Strathalbyn today , got past a cop with hand held speed gun okay , because I was riding at the speed limit . Took a couple of pics of a mates drag GSX EFE , another mates z1000 , and someones beautiful copper Gen 1 .View attachment 1597166

View attachment 1597163

View attachment 1597164

View attachment 1597165
Awesome pix Toad!! We all love those copper gen 1’s they are like the icon of the busa’s I’m a little upset that the only pic your bike is in from today I had to zoom in 8x just to see it :fire:
But after I did atleast get to admire your pretty brake rotor.

Had the day off work today, the weather was perfect for a blast on the Busa!
Of course, my riding buddy Mark was keen to take his GSXR1000K6 out for a play, so he came to my place and we left for a 120km round trip thru some scenic countryside, 18degC, light wind, sunny, very little traffic, what more could you ask for!!
I rode his K6 for about 40kms, very stiff in the suspension setup, tyres are Dunlops and worn about 90%, terrible road feedback, crappy chinese shorty levers, good power and brakes but handling and cornering let down by tyres and susp setup unfortunately . . . but I'm gonna correct all that very soon!
Very cramped riding position, when I got back on my Busa it was like coming home!! Very roomy and comfy! Busa power is just, well, as good as it gets. Way more torque than the 1K K6, wider spaced gear ratios, just a better road bike overall.
That's my comparison, for what it's worth lol.

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

Great shots Nath, which rally is that? looks cold brrrrrrrr . . .
Hey Greg, Beaumont Rally at .....the Beaumont pub down thru Roxburgh just past Raes Junction, the Clutha is 100mts from the pub. Camping round the back and yep it was cooold that night/ morning bit like the brass.
Looks like you had a good day out :D i remember taking a gixxer thou and a Gen2 back to back on a demo and really liked the planted feel of the bus over the flighty gixxer.

Left home at 11am this morning all suited up for a 180km ride, it was Southwest showers forecast (cold, Antarctica cold!) so I made it almost all the way to where I meet my mate (50kms) and it started raining quite steady and cold with it.
Damn . . . we high tailed it to the nearest Hotel (3kms up the road) and sat there for an hour waiting for the rain to stop.
The rain finally stopped, we left and went home straight away lol.
Sorry, no pics this time.

Back