Who Rode Today?

I rode to a mates shop today , and took off from the lights , couldn't get my right foot up on the peg ( new hip / leg ) .... man , took me 200m to get me club foot onboard !! That was crazy stuff , right there !!
Lol, must've looked funny to anyone watching, it's only your brake foot and who needs a rear brake anyway when you have those glorious Brembos up front.

Went out with 7 of us... Top day, great weather. Sth East Victoria.. Total 635kms for the day.

44a639cfb165e1f1f8e42e7399d55b78.jpg

20190316_095326-698x393.jpg

ride.JPG

20190316_083720-698x393.jpg

20190316_104025-698x393.jpg

Went out with 7 of us... Top day, great weather. Sth East Victoria.. Total 635kms for the day.

View attachment 1595988

View attachment 1595989

View attachment 1595990

View attachment 1595991

View attachment 1595992
That sure looks like a motley crew of motorcycles , ridden by a bunch of corner carving delinquents , with little or no respect for the corner speed advisory signs that line the quiet countryside roads , of their chosen ride !!
Just an observation !! :rolleyes::)

View attachment 1595988

View attachment 1595989

View attachment 1595990

View attachment 1595991

View attachment 1595992
That's what I personally like to see, a collection of various bikes out for a ride together.
Reminds me of some of the rides I used to have with some friends-everything from a big scooter to a full dresser HD and everything in between. We all stayed together on the ride and had a great time-nobody judged.

I rode a 100 miles yesterday(to Oceanside and back)and had to split lanes for 20 continuous miles of it(caught up in rush hour traffic).Longest ride I've put in since last year(:laugh:)and felt damned near crippled when I got off that thing,legs and lower back were killing me.:laugh:Had a slight moment of panic though when I shut it off after 50 miles and went to restart it,starter was dragging and would barely turn over as if the battery was almost dead.Turned the ignition off/back on and it spun right over/started right up like it always has.Have no idea why it acted up as battery is only a year or so old and battery tender showed it to be charged before I left the house.Was one of those WTF? moments,anyone have any idea as to why?Now that I think about it it did the same thing once about a year ago and then never again until yesterday.:crazy:

I rode a 100 miles yesterday(to Oceanside and back)and had to split lanes for 20 continuous miles of it(caught up in rush hour traffic).Longest ride I've put in since last year(:laugh:)and felt damned near crippled when I got off that thing,legs and lower back were killing me.:laugh:Had a slight moment of panic though when I shut it off after 50 miles and went to restart it,starter was dragging and would barely turn over as if the battery was almost dead.Turned the ignition off/back on and it spun right over/started right up like it always has.Have no idea why it acted up as battery is only a year or so old and battery tender showed it to be charged before I left the house.Was one of those WTF? moments,anyone have any idea as to why?Now that I think about it it did the same thing once about a year ago and then never again until yesterday.:crazy:
Great to here you had a blast on the beast today Pirate , I can relate to the pain you experienced on that ride bro !! Maybe you need to get a good new battery , maybe one of them lithium jobs bro . Anyway , good stuff , hope you get more seat time on your sickle soon bro .

May just get a new battery then bro,come to think of it I believe the battery is actually 2-3 years old(how time flies:laugh:).Doesn't have many miles on it and has never been run down but has sat without starting for a month at a time now and then.When I'd throw the tender on it it would go green within a few minutes so seemed the battery was always fully charged.

I went for a blast with my mate today, 495km return.

Below is the Kaikoura foreshore with Kaikoura township in the distance
IMG_2777.JPG

A lovely old pub, The Pier Hotel, The Pier Hotel Restaurant, Kaikoura - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor
fully renovated interior with restaurant, voted one of the best pubs in the country
IMG_2780.JPG

Across the road from the pub is the Kaikoura Bay, whale watching is one of the big industries here, just a km out there are pods of Blue whale, it's a deep trench just offshore.
IMG_2781.JPG

Obligatory pic of the bikes . . .
IMG_2783.JPG

This one is at the Waiau Hotel, about 110kms from the Pier Hotel in Kaikoura.
IMG_2784.JPG

Speaks for itself . . .
IMG_2782.JPG

View attachment 1596108

A lovely old pub, The Pier Hotel, The Pier Hotel Restaurant, Kaikoura - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor
fully renovated interior with restaurant, voted one of the best pubs in the country
View attachment 1596109

Across the road from the pub is the Kaikoura Bay, whale watching is one of the big industries here, just a km out there are pods of Blue whale, it's a deep trench just offshore.
View attachment 1596110

View attachment 1596111
View attachment 1596112

Speaks for itself . . .
View attachment 1596113
Lovely spot for sure Kiwi , nice restoration on the outside of pub . That is fantastic that Blue Whales come there , would be rich in plankton I'd say then . You and co pilots bikes are looking very nice , parked up waiting for their masters return !!

Had a slight moment of panic though when I shut it off after 50 miles and went to restart it,starter was dragging and would barely turn over as if the battery was almost dead.Turned the ignition off/back on and it spun right over/started right up like it always has.Have no idea why it acted up as battery is only a year or so old and battery tender showed it to be charged before I left the house.Was one of those WTF? moments,anyone have any idea as to why?Now that I think about it it did the same thing once about a year ago and then never again until yesterday.:crazy:
Hey buddy, you really need to
a) load test the battery AFTER fully charging it and letting it rest a few hours
b) if the load test checks out ok and proves the battery is good you need to check ALL battery cable connections for security and also corrosion/white powder build up. All the way to the starter relay and also to the starter motor.
c) if all that checks out ok, remove the starter motor and strip it and check the brushes and how much carbon powder there is inside of the starter.
Just assuming its a battery problem is a real hit and miss way of looking at it and it may not need a new battery at all.
Ya GOTTA CHECK the ENTIRE SYSTEM!!
but thats what I would do . . . . you do as you please lol :D

View attachment 1596108

View attachment 1596109

View attachment 1596110

View attachment 1596111
View attachment 1596112

Speaks for itself . . .
View attachment 1596113
If you look quickly at the pictures with your bike in them, it will fool you to think your Busa is a Gixxer. Great pictures, really cool.

If you look quickly at the pictures with your bike in them, it will fool you to think your Busa is a Gixxer. Great pictures, really cool.
Thanks man, yrah that paint scheme has confused a few people when I'm out on a ride, I get a lot of onlookers saying . . . "what is it? what's the strange writing mean?" (the Kanji and the yoshimura symbol)
Google "Kaikoura whale watching", it's a wonderful place with large pods of whales cruising thru just offshore!

Thanks man, yrah that paint scheme has confused a few people when I'm out on a ride, I get a lot of onlookers saying . . . "what is it? what's the strange writing mean?" (the Kanji and the yoshimura symbol)
Google "Kaikoura whale watching", it's a wonderful place with large pods of whales cruising thru just offshore!

That's funny, most people don't have a clue about what a Hayabusa bike is when they see mine, they just think of it as another sport bike. I don't bother to educate them.

I've attempted to educate some of the "car nuts" I've worked with (mechanics) and when I explain the top speeds and aerodynamics etc, their eyes glaze over, I've been called a liar when I've said my GSXR1000K6 did 155kmh in 1st gear!
Absolute ignoramuses, but nothing surprises me with the car fanatics lol

Back