Who Rode Today?

You guys are really making me jealous, another 6 months before the Doc gives me the 100%.
This is the longest stint off 2 wheels in the past 20 yrs and it's killin' me!!!!

It would be a sin not to ride on Friday. 42 degrees, sunny, but windy. So, I went... I kept going faster and with more lean, and on my last pass, going over tar snakes, both tires started sliding, and it felt like the bike was on ice, turning left/right in succession around its center about twice per second. I panicked...

It would be a sin not to ride on Friday. 42 degrees, sunny, but windy. So, I went... I kept going faster and with more lean, and on my last pass, going over tar snakes, both tires started sliding, and it felt like the bike was on ice, turning left/right in succession around its center about twice per second. I panicked...

42° with a windchill doesn't sound like fun to me. I don't have heated gear for the Busa. GW yes.

The problem around here is even if all the snow melted off the roads at 42° there would still be plenty of salt left around and sliding on that is like sliding on gravel.
Oh yeah - we have plenty of tar snakes too. Probably more roads with them, then without them.

Now I don't know about where you live but our roads are filled with potholes. Our Governor says they need a billion $ per year for the next ten years to fix what we have. :banghead:
They couldn't make a decision on how the raise the $ so they want us to vote on it in May. Raise our sales tax 1% and raise vehicle registration costs on all vehicle plus I'm sure there
are other hidden fees or taxes that will be tacked on before the election. :banghead:

But glad to see that someone is able to ride in the North and or East part of the Country. Just be safe.

We don't have much salt yet cause we had very little snow. So, I had to use this opportunity to go for a short ride. If it's anything like you are describing, I agree, not worth the risk. Not to mention salt getting on the bike.

Had to take the bike for a MOT test last Wednesday.
Have to have a MOT every year in the UK to make sure the bike is road worthy.

Made sure it wasn't going to rain that day.
It was 46 degrees out and a bit windy, but Lynne had brought me some thermal T-shirts and I wore my winter gloves and it was fine.
The bike place was only four miles away so not far.
And the bike passed.:thumbsup:
Well it should it's only four years old.:laugh:

Going to be 58 degrees in Albuquerque today. Oil's changed, chain's adjusted, bike is waxed and shiny. Motorcycle therapy is on the way!

Wet Willies on South Beach with a good friend and his R1 a few hours ago.

IMG_6819.jpeg

Looks wet. Raining here since sundown. Supposed to clear by Saturday. The water is really needed especially for the fires. Hope there’s enough to really help.

Took the GSX1400 our recently. Beautiful morning, even if I did get to the Cafe an hour before it opened! Still it was worth it for the early cool start and empty roads. 381k’s (236 miles) and home by 11am. Furthest I’ve done on a tank thanks to the modded tank neck.

35ck4ck.jpg

2lnelqr.jpg

vyuv77.jpg

Another quick 302k (187 miles) breakfast run. Sadly I needed to be home before the wife’s flight got in this morning.

Bunya Rd, over Mt Glorious, around Somerset Dam, Kilcoy, Neurum Rd to Woodford, Malaney / Stanley River Rd up to breakfast at Mary Cairncross Park, back to Woodford, over Mt Mee, Daybro, down Samford Valley via Mt Samson, clear Mt Road, back along Bunya Rd.

2l2b0i.jpg

2nrkd92.jpg

xckk6o.jpg

2qnp7cn.jpg

673ww7.jpg

our3ih.jpg

Not a bad way to spend a Friday morning. 29 degrees C and empty roads.

Both the above posts aren’t “today” but are quite recent.

It’s the 2nd day of Summer here and should hit 38 degrees C / 100.5 degrees F today.

I prefer it to the cold, ice, and snow, but being honest, it’s not ideal bike weather!

:lol: I’m just over 2,200’ and 23 miles away it’s a mile high, currently 20 degrees and snowing.:D
You can have that. It was 48’F when I left the house. That’s the reason why I took the concours, because of its Honda Civic size windshield and heated grips. Lol

Another quick 302k (187 miles) breakfast run. Sadly I needed to be home before the wife’s flight got in this morning.

Bunya Rd, over Mt Glorious, around Somerset Dam, Kilcoy, Neurum Rd to Woodford, Malaney / Stanley River Rd up to breakfast at Mary Cairncross Park, back to Woodford, over Mt Mee, Daybro, down Samford Valley via Mt Samson, clear Mt Road, back along Bunya Rd.

View attachment 1589477

View attachment 1589478

View attachment 1589479

View attachment 1589480

View attachment 1589481

View attachment 1589482

Not a bad way to spend a Friday morning. 29 degrees C and empty roads.
Must suck to have to ride in such beautiful country....both posts show just how nice it is there and great looking bikes.

Back