Who Rode Today?

It was a beautiful Saturday so I couldn't say no. My brother and I out on the bikes!

IMG_7124.jpeg

IMG_7130.jpeg

IMG_7128.jpeg

Now that you have some time on the H2 SX SE what are your thoughts?

Didn’t go too wild, new tyres / running in etc.

A brief impression....

# Motor sounds and feels a little harsh after my big old Suzuki’s, not bad, just different. Not noticeable on the move.

# Comfort is good but as expected, I’m used to higher aftermarket bars and to me these are noticeably lower. Might not be bad, just different. Seat and bars aren’t hard to tweek but I’d put in serious miles first.

# Lots of stuff included that folk often add. Not just the luggage, but braided lines, angled valves, rim stickers, knee pad grip things etc.

# There’s no big C spanner for chain adjustment.

# The cruise control might be quite useful. Between the two local mountains on a boring stretch I set it at 103kph and never looked at the speedo. It might be OK in the right place. I’m a huge fan of electronic cruise control over crude throttle locks.

# Clocks / Dash are a bit complicated for me. Boost adjustment and reading in numbers or a gauge, lean angles, external air temp, charger air temp, multiple settings for shift lights, launch control, ABS, cornering lights, quick shifter and a dozen other things, multiple sports and a touring mode, dash in black or white, a red sports dash, cruise control... blaa blaa blaa.... etc.

# Even on brand new tyres and no being familiar with it, it feels great though the twistys. Turns in nice, follows a perfect line, when I was a little wide it just turned in and tightened up the corner on demand without a drama. ( Remember my other bikes are all over 10 years old). Punting it through a few corners over the mountain it actually feels a bit more sporty than the weight and size would suggest, nimble it ain’t but it’s not that bad. The dash showed 44 and 48 degree lean angles scrubbing the tyres in.

# Power is just there. Haven’t pushed it hard, but it pulls nice in any gear, any rev’s. Even when I was in a gear too high in was just grunt and gone, certainly not like other conventional 1000’s I’ve ridden. Everyone tells me they are different again when derestricted from 170+ to 220+ on the ECU.

# It’s a while since I’ve had a faired bike, ZZR1100, Hayabusa’s etc but this seems OK. Quite a tall screen but you don’t get the barn door feeling.

# First ride done. No regrets. Looking forward to putting more miles in and possible mods.

Sounds great! Kawi does add the nice things like braided line, tank pads and such like my 18 ZX14r had. My dealer has an 18 H2 SX SE for 18+k. Not bad since retail is 22+. I heard the SX SE is much better for sport touring than the regular H2. More nannies and things like the taller windshield.

Thanks for the info have fun and enjoy!

Pahrump. Haven't heard that name in years. Delivered a truck load of furniture there from LA back in the 80's when I worked for a moving company.
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I'm off to a rally today, and will meet my two riding buddies at the rally.
They both went to the West Coast and stayed the night at a friend's holiday home, had a party and met with a bunch of other bikers . . . :thumbsup:
I wasn't able to go with them coz they left yesterday (Friday) and I was working.
I've got my bike all ready, clean as a whistle and fully maintained and ready to Gooooooooo ! ! ! !
Here's my route today . . .
120kms each way, will get pics of bikes etc at the rally site and post 'em up for your viewing pleasure!

1553890632636.png

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

Last edited:
Back