Who Obama really is...

being one who just graduated from a 4 yr school, Norther AZ Univ, and paying for and living off my wages i believe it doesn't matter whether you are foreign, minority, or just a non minority and U.S. born. its an even playing field IMO. sure their are scholarships that are for international students but their are also some for U.s. student and some for minorities. school demographics plays a role. in order for a school to attract foreign/minority students they might offer more assistance but you end up getting hit with a non resident fee which in my case was 75% increase per credit. also im my experience, they too have to take the same placement exams as every other student so they are at a disadvantage vs US student to get a higher score on a SAT/ACT which are already racial bias towards minorities in the language/vocabulary sections. Math is universal so that is that section is even playing field for all.
Also IMO foreign students tend to be more dedicated and tend to look less for distractions and do well in many classes. many of my classmates whose parents were paying for school either outta pocket of by loans, no difference, tended to goof off more bc they were getting a free ride. Same scenario for my brother and cousin who also just finished at AZ state Univ and my old roommate who is at UCLA. If a certain demographic excels the school will target advertise to them bc it will increase the graduation rate which makes the school appealing. universities are a business and they do what it take to do better business.

There might be some merit to the claims in the OPs post, but we can't know for sure.

It is also rumored that Obama had rich saudi friends pay for his education as a foreign student.

That is true for Harvard, not as a foreign student though, but one needs to take into consideration that the Saudi has major investments in major American banks and businesses and contributes accordingly to US wealth, job creation and the economy.

Yeah, you are aiming the right direction though, these threads just go South in no time. Not worth it, even though I was tempted to ask some questions.

The purpose of the post was to find out what else is known that confirms of invalidates the source. Plenty of well read people here and regardless of thier political leaning if this is found to be true it means we are derelict to some degree in allowing him to continue his ways.

When a thread goes south that means it holds little interest for the viewers of it... and so it is, we are apathetic at times when it comes to the most basic requirements being adhered to when it comes to our elected POTUS. Kind of a sad commentary on us collectively... yes... no ?

Truth be told Hayabusa.org is not the proper place for this sort of conversation. If we were friends who regularly converse on issues we would develop a way of disagreeing that allows us to maintain respect for each other. On a forum, we say things we probably would not say if we were face to face, I myself am guilty of this tendency toward over aggressiveness from behind the animosity of a computer key board. These are wedge issues and so they are not consistent with the purpose of a forum on the Hayabusa. Many of the people who are active posters on this site have a certain perspective on the world and political issues, but many who don't participate on the site regularly are annoyed by these threads.

I would propose to Captain that the "Randumb Thoughts" thread not post to the "new posts" panel, so that you have to go to the directory if you want to read it.

If you can't argue with your friends Arch, then who? :)

We are all big boys and girls here. As long as we can keep it respectful, arguing is the American way...

well then, why keep it respectful? I mean if someone is an idiot, why pretend they are worthy of a meaningful conversation?

Yes I read this, no I'm not commenting........ (New year's resolution 2015-A: I don't actually care about what you think other than the thoughts you have relative to Hayabusas.)

Dang Fallen you already broke your New Years resolution!!!! You ain't make it out the 1st week of January and they already sucked you back in :laugh:

Actually I was very careful not to comment on the subject matter of the thread - I just made a general statement. However I did have a steak for dinner at Ruth Chris today with a client, so you are technically right about me already breaking my new years resolutions!

Actually I was very careful not to comment on the subject matter of the thread - I just made a general statement. However I did have a steak for dinner at Ruth Chris today with a client, so you are technically right about me already breaking my new years resolutions!

Even better when it's a deductable expense...

Truth be told Hayabusa.org is not the proper place for this sort of conversation. If we were friends who regularly converse on issues we would develop a way of disagreeing that allows us to maintain respect for each other. On a forum, we say things we probably would not say if we were face to face, I myself am guilty of this tendency toward over aggressiveness from behind the animosity of a computer key board. These are wedge issues and so they are not consistent with the purpose of a forum on the Hayabusa. Many of the people who are active posters on this site have a certain perspective on the world and political issues, but many who don't participate on the site regularly are annoyed by these threads.

I would propose to Captain that the "Randumb Thoughts" thread not post to the "new posts" panel, so that you have to go to the directory if you want to read it.

Not the proper place in Random Thoughts? Perhaps you mean anything significant that has political energy is taboo in the Org?

Our POTUS not looking like he was eligible to be elected? Is that not a worthwhile subject ? If they don't think they are going like a thread titled "Who Obama really is" they already have a clue that it might not take then to entertainment central. Therefor, they can skip it because of the title since their not likely to enjoy whats inside.

People are prone to being wedged ? Yes, you could make a case for Obama being the great divider.

My opinion is irrelevant, however... I believe it is a worthy topic for those that care about how this country is being managed.

Not the proper place in Random Thoughts? Perhaps you mean anything significant that has political energy is taboo in the Org?

Our POTUS not looking like he was eligible to be elected? Is that not a worthwhile subject ? If they don't think they are going like a thread titled "Who Obama really is" they already have a clue that it might not take then to entertainment central. Therefor, they can skip it because of the title since their not likely to enjoy whats inside.

People are prone to being wedged ? Yes, you could make a case for Obama being the great divider.

My opinion is irrelevant, however... I believe it is a worthy topic for those that care about how this country is being managed.

Now see, we agree!

I knew
you would
come around !

:laugh:

C6f8IkCWAAAcyjN.jpg

Back