Who is your "Hero"?

My Father is the first person who came to mind, I just whish I would have told him.

Other than the obvious Jesus and dad, I would have to say Rosa Parks.
cool.gif

Oh, and Jeremy(USMCBUSA) is doing some pretty heroic things these days
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

(DonnieF @ Dec. 07 2006,09:44) Not to start anything here but if these are the 2 Definitions i found , how can the lord be one of those?
rock.gif
(just curious)

1.a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal:
Show me one legitamate historian that thinks he has proven Jesus never existed as a man, and I will find you 1000 who laready proved he did exist - most of them not even religious. Why would you try to disqualify someone's hero anyway? Both definitions describe Jesus on many levels, but it is your choice to believe he is a fictional character if you wish

I never looked up the definition... I was just thinking about all the recent super hero movies and TV shows that are on now and wonder who the REAL heros are? Interesting conversation here, nothing more

I honestly thought people would put down "Superman"
smile.gif

People I asked at the restraunt last night said:
1. mom
2. myself
3. aunt

My Father. USMC Pacific Theatre during WWII as a 17 year old. 30 Years US Army intelligence officer. His values and life lessons made me the man I am today. I lost him when I was 18, and I miss him every single day.

(WWJD @ Dec. 07 2006,13:35)
(DonnieF @ Dec. 07 2006,09:44) Not to start anything here but if these are the 2 Definitions i found , how can the lord be one of those?
rock.gif
(just curious)

1.a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal:
Show me one legitamate historian that thinks he has proven Jesus never existed as a man, and I will find you 1000 who laready proved he did exist - most of them not even religious.   Why would you try to disqualify someone's hero anyway?  Both definitions describe Jesus on many levels, but it is your choice to believe he is a fictional character if you wish

I never looked up the definition... I was just thinking about all the recent super hero movies and TV shows that are on now and wonder who the REAL heros are?  Interesting conversation here, nothing more

I honestly thought people would put down "Superman"  
smile.gif

People I asked at the restraunt last night said:
1. mom
2. myself
3. aunt
The first one sums it up pretty well. Crucified for those he didn't know.
cool.gif

Kinda like our boys in the military - willing to die so that we may live
wink.gif

(WWJD @ Dec. 07 2006,11:35) I honestly thought people would put down "Superman"  
smile.gif
AAAssjani.gif
why would you think that?? that would almost be as bad as batman
poke.gif

rock.gif
(just curious)

I don't get your point he was a man for 30+ years.
rock.gif

rock.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 06 2006,14:51) ok i dont want to start any #@it but Jesse Jackson ........ he exploits black misfortune for money, right along with Al Sharpton, louis farrakahn, julian bond ............. you want to adopt a hero try............ Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson..... now here is a "BLACK" man that aint afraid to talk about truth.

i would never try to run down anyones hero but do some research on your friend i think youll be suprisingly disappointed

anyway

if i had to pick a hero i would say. GOD, Jesus, my little boy.
Me naming Jesse Jackson as my Hero was a complete joke. I figured it was so far fetched that no one here would take me seriously. Though i did meet him one time at Edison high school in Northern Va. I was painting a corvette in autobody and they made me stop so i could hear him talk. What a con. He's definitly the epitome of a politician.

(warwgn @ Dec. 07 2006,10:47)
(WWJD @ Dec. 07 2006,11:35) I honestly thought people would put down "Superman"
smile.gif
AAAssjani.gif
why would you think that?? that would almost be as bad as batman
poke.gif
I just thought some would think of the question as in super heros... and there's nothing wrong with that interpretation either. I Really enjoyed THE GREEN HORNET because he was just a regular guy - no fake ability [that I remember] and he had a cool side kick Kato played by Bruce Lee

What's wrong with BATMAN? ? ?
biggrin.gif

batman.gif

(GMbusa @ Dec. 07 2006,14:55)
(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 06 2006,14:51) ok i dont want to start any #@it but Jesse Jackson ........ he exploits black misfortune for money, right along with Al Sharpton, louis farrakahn, julian bond ............. you want to adopt a hero try............ Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson..... now here is a "BLACK" man that aint afraid to talk about truth.

i would never try to run down anyones hero but do some research on your friend i think youll be suprisingly disappointed

anyway

if i had to pick a hero i would say. GOD, Jesus, my little boy.
Me naming Jesse Jackson as my Hero was a complete joke. I figured it was so far fetched that no one here would take me seriously. Though i did meet him one time at Edison high school in Northern Va. I was painting a corvette in autobody and they made me stop so i could hear him talk.  What a con. He's definitly the epitome of a politician.
Shreveport is a city that is 51% black and 49% white..... it is by far the most racist city ive ever been in. if you know anything about shreveport you know its no big secret that blacks and whites here dont get along too well. Anytime blacks move into a neighborhood whites pick up and move out.

I live and work in shreveport as a police officer. about 3 years ago i was involved in a vehicle pursuit where ultimately a guy was shot and killed after he pulled a cell phone out and pointed it at us like it was a handgun........ THIS WAS A TERRIBLE DAY FOR ME AND EVERYONE INVOLVED. The suspect clearly comitted "SUICIDE BY COP".

So having read all of that above and then on top of that 3 white police officers gun down 1 black man.

because it was an election year the black city councilman and self proclaimed black reverends decided to use it as an opprotunity to capitalize on this mans death. They called in jesse jackson and al sharpton (for a fee i might add) and exploited the incident for a week. I guess what saddened me the most was that none of them even knew this man and none of them bothered to learn about him. they just used him.

and even worse than that is that the black communities dont see it. They are so hell bent on being heard that they dont even realize that they were being used.

My wife always amazes me. So I can say she is my hero because she keeps this family going.

Always remember behind every crazy man is a good woman keeping him from kicking your a$$.

Back