Who is your "Hero"?

(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 06 2006,23:51) ok i dont want to start any #@it but Jesse Jackson ........ he exploits black misfortune for money, right along with Al Sharpton, louis farrakahn, julian bond ............. you want to adopt a hero try............ Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson..... now here is a "BLACK" man that aint afraid to talk about truth.

i would never try to run down anyones hero but do some research on your friend i think youll be suprisingly disappointed

anyway

if i had to pick a hero i would say. GOD, Jesus, my little boy.
This man is well grounded.
smile.gif

I agree with all his thoughts.

My wife... for without her I might not have survived these past few years and definitly wouldn't be the person I am today~
and my son... for he has showed courage, bravery, and a strong will to deal with two tours in Iraq~ He seen and done more then any man should in a whole life time, much less at the age of 23, and still stands strong enough to offer me guidence when in need~  
bowdown.gif

Great stuff, gang! There's obviously no right or wrong answer here. For mine, I'd say Jesus as an amazing guy living way outside the box and doing it successfully. But I'm also thinking Steven Spielberd because he is able to create art that is so emotionaly stirring. There's a billion other heros out there too. I'm just curious what makes a hero for people these days... seems we don't have many but it's good to have them around
smile.gif

Are you a Hero to anyone? ?
smile.gif

smile.gif

My wife.

Most of you have heard her story before.

--Wag--

My mom

went thru a bout of cancer, took care of my dad and raised 3 sons to be what they are today.

love ya mom
beerchug.gif

Don't Really have any heros left...

Henry Rollins Maybe...

I would have to agree with others here that are saying "our Lord, Jesus Christ"

It is a little tough for me not to think when I am asked a question.

I really don’t have a hero. There are a lot of people that I respect and admire both historical and in my personal life. Here is a small list.

My parents and step parents. Two of each to be exact, but I made things hardest on my step-dad. But he was tough, being a Marine DI worked well for him when he had to help raise me.

Historical Figures

Martin Luther King, Jr.
He won the Nobel peace prize and I still have his “I have a dreamâ€￾ speech hanging on my wall.

Abraham Lincoln
He was president during one of the most difficult times in American history. He was fundamentally opposed to slavery and eventually ended it. Although the legacy of slavery is still with us in many ways.

Mahatma Gandhi
He sacrificed everything for his ideals and was able to use non-violent resistance to gain independence for his home land from imperialism.

Bruce Lee
He was the first to challenge existing ideas and beliefs about martial arts and the rigid doctrines being taught. Yes, he was arrogant but he was also deeply philosophical and I think the martial arts world is still trying to catch up with his revolutionary ideas.

John Maynard Keynes
Economist that was able to predict the coming of the Second World War through the terms set at the end of the First World War. He also laid down the ground work for what is now Macroeconomics.

Socrates
The method of questioning named after him is still used today and is a fundamental part of how we evaluate exactly what we know.

Confucius
He said things like "When anger arises, think of the consequences" and "The only constant is change." He even talked about what became know later as the Golden Rule over 500 years before the birth of Christ.

Beethoven
He was crazy, brilliant and led a terribly unhappy life. But his music is still some of the most amazing that I have ever heard. I know that most people don’t listen to much classical music these days, but what he did for world music was impressive. He wrote one of the worlds greatest peices of music, and he was deaf when he composed it.

My Dad, no doubt...

Always there for me in every way...raised two daughters through our difficult years (lets just say I'm glad I don't have daughters), put me through college and never thought twice, loving, caring, supportive through thick and thin, seemed to be the one that was in my corner when other's were not...he's still my hero and will hopefully be hero to my two sons and adored as much as his father was adored by me...
smile.gif

Laugh 1 = Al Bundy
Laugh 2 = Bang Bus guys
laugh.gif

I'd have to say my parents (I won't bother to choose one over the other). They never abused me but they disciplined me. They never spoiled me but they never deprived me. They taught me how to love but not to be weak. They taught me to fight but not to bully. They taught me to be confident but not to be cocky. They taught me to walk away from a fight but to never run from one. They showed me how to win without bragging. They taught me to lose without crying. They taught me that those who lie do so because they are ashamed of what they have done ... therefore to take pride in everything I do. They taught me its okay to ask for something but to never beg. They never told me they loved me ... they just showed me they did. They never hurt me but they taught me how to deal with pain.

I can go on and on but those are a few things that have made me the man I am today. My friends of youth grew up playing the same games I played, watching the same shows I watched, went to the same schools I went to, and learned from the same teachers I learned from. Yet 60-70% of them are either dead, in jail, or are simply struggling to get by. I can't help but to think my parents played a major role as to why I don't fall into either one of those 3 groups.

Lastly, one the most important thing I feel they did was this. They never gave me anything ... I had to earn it.

burning_rose2.jpg

Not to start anything here but if these are the 2 Definitions i found , how can the lord be one of those?
rock.gif
(just curious)

1.a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal:

(DonnieF @ Dec. 07 2006,10:44) Not to start anything here but if these are the 2 Definitions i found , how can the lord be one of those?
rock.gif
(just curious)

1.a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal:
exactly!

But if I can have a fictional charachter from a comic book "The Hulk". Then they can one from the bible
poke.gif

"boy am I glad the member rating is gone
SHOCKED.gif
"

(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 07 2006,00:51) ok i dont want to start any #@it but Jesse Jackson ........ he exploits black misfortune for money, right along with Al Sharpton, louis farrakahn, julian bond ............. you want to adopt a hero try............ Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson..... now here is a "BLACK" man that aint afraid to talk about truth.

i would never try to run down anyones hero but do some research on your friend i think youll be suprisingly disappointed

anyway

if i had to pick a hero i would say. GOD, Jesus, my little boy.
Could not agree more. Very well put.

OK, I can see this thread going in the wrong direction.

runeight...

Back