Who else rode today?

Tached1300

Registered
I got about 70 miles in after I finished the odds and ends around the house it was overcast here today and about 68-70 degrees so it was a nice cool ride, was trying to get back before dark so I only grabbed this quick pic. The wife rode with me she sold her SV 650 and I find myself missing her riding her own but she likes riding with me so she can sight see better, sigh...

2C994C12-019D-4823-A356-BEB02C14C0EA.jpeg

1662AC59-A3BE-4CF7-8535-C524AEE14A78.jpeg

Before moving I lived about 35 miles from Alice’s and although I rode the tires off all the Santa Cruz mountain roads and the coast hiway, I do miss running up there on the weekends to see the sometimes huge variety of bikes. I’m surprised at how few bikes I see over here.

Painting the house today so no high mileage. Nipped up the cafe for a coffee before I start work...

View attachment 1604020

View attachment 1604021

View attachment 1604022

View attachment 1604023

View attachment 1604024

View attachment 1604025
So where's that Tony? Brisbane? That's a good turnout right there, when I go to the biker friendly meet up cafes/pubs, it's mostly Harleys and big cruisers, but we don't have the population like you do, and sportsbikes have really declined in numbers here, adventure bikes have now possessed the minds of the sportsbike guys that are getting older (geriatric) and needing an upright seating position.
Very few young guys are on sports bikes here.
Nice pics, thanks . . .

So where's that Tony? Brisbane? That's a good turnout right there, when I go to the biker friendly meet up cafes/pubs, it's mostly Harleys and big cruisers, but we don't have the population like you do, and sportsbikes have really declined in numbers here, adventure bikes have now possessed the minds of the sportsbike guys that are getting older (geriatric) and needing an upright seating position.
Very few young guys are on sports bikes here.
Nice pics, thanks . . .

Yes. Mt Glorious near Brisbane. I went up early and took a legal bike as I knew the cops would be up there. There were were a lot more folk heading in as I came home. Cops were being OK, gave me a heap of stuff, chamois, 2 torches, tyre depth gauge, key rings, pens etc, all with road safety logo’s on them. They weren’t ticketing anyone today.

The guy in the pic with the Kat bought a Jap import 750 frame from a wreckers a while back. He has been collecting parts, repairing others cast offs, painting, doing his own wireing loom, building up an 1100 motor etc etc. He recently got it on the road and did over 700K’s this weekend on a bike he put together in a garden shed on his own.

Yes. Mt Glorious near Brisbane. I went up early and took a legal bike as I knew the cops would be up there. There were were a lot more folk heading in as I came home. Cops were being OK, gave me a heap of stuff, chamois, 2 torches, tyre depth gauge, key rings, pens etc, all with road safety logo’s on them. They weren’t ticketing anyone today.

The guy in the pic with the Kat bought a Jap import 750 frame from a wreckers a while back. He has been collecting parts, repairing others cast offs, painting, doing his own wireing loom, building up an 1100 motor etc etc. He recently got it on the road and did over 700K’s this weekend on a bike he put together in a garden shed on his own.
That is kinda weird how your cops do give aways of stuff, but all the while monitoring everyone and all movements etc.
Wolves in sheep's clothing no doubt.
Here in my neck of the woods, Canterbury South Island, this very seldom ever happens.
They usually stalk the highways and by-ways looking for victims, you know, the ones doing 10-20kms over the limit and are happy to stop and give all their details so they can be fined, meanwhile the ones that are really stretching their wings (140kmh onward) will never stop knowing full well the implications, walking home, bike confiscated, license revoked, job lost, unable to pay their mortgage, mortgagee sale, total destruction of their lives as they know it and the loss of their assets, oh and relationships are also usually lost over it all . . . sucks to be a speeder.
That guy with the Kat is a real self made success in the vintage jap bike realm!
What a guy . . . my hat is off. :bowdown:
Great to see all the action in your neighbourhood, very cool.

The Duc guys have a good group.

At our local bike meets the biggest groups are always the Busa’s, M109 cruisers and the Harleys. I’ve been out with several B-Kings together. Not rare to see 3 or 4 H2’s out together here either.

Stopped in at my regular coffee spot and a guy I know had just bought himself an early B-King. Late 07 model, VIN close to mine. I’m taking mine up the mountain with him next time. He had Yoshi cans and a few extras but has put it all back to stock. Don’t see many stock ones after nearly 12 years.

B79418BA-41DC-41BA-A006-8909ADF636D5.jpeg

Back