Who else rides with their brights on in the day time

60+ Busa Rider

Registered
Hi all, I have a two fold question. When I use to ride my ZX11,s (2) I would always turn on my high beams in the day time so automobiles would see me better. Does anyone else do this? I have been doing this on my 22 Hayabusa but today I had a couple different drivers flash there lights. Second question is when I was somewhat East of Brooksville today I saw another Hayabusa I think it was silver and blue, we waved at each other, just wondering if it someone from this group. Lots of motorcycles riding around Brooksville on Saturdays but mostly Harley’s, BMW,s and such. First Busa I’ve seen since I bought my 22 model.

I dont like high beam on during the day as it makes for harder depth perception , to ME the bike looks further away than it is , i have seen cars pull out thinking the bike (with its high beam on )was further away and are shocked that they almost took them out. It can be quite blinding even during the day esp modern units.

Hi all, I have a two fold question. When I use to ride my ZX11,s (2) I would always turn on my high beams in the day time so automobiles would see me better. Does anyone else do this? I have been doing this on my 22 Hayabusa but today I had a couple different drivers flash there lights. Second question is when I was somewhat East of Brooksville today I saw another Hayabusa I think it was silver and blue, we waved at each other, just wondering if it someone from this group. Lots of motorcycles riding around Brooksville on Saturdays but mostly Harley’s, BMW,s and such. First Busa I’ve seen since I bought my 22 model.
I do this depending on where I am and the kind of roads I'm on. If the drivers are douches or simply oblivious in your area it's a must. They can't miss you as you come up behind them that's for sure. Especially useful in places where you can filter. Need all the visibility you can get.

I do this depending on where I am and the kind of roads I'm on. If the drivers are douches or simply oblivious in your area it's a must. They can't miss you as you come up behind them that's for sure. Especially useful in places where you can filter. Need all the visibility you can get.
+1

Can’t stand when people do it to me, so I don’t do it to them.

Plus, if they don’t see me now- I personally don’t feel a brighter light will remove their head from their anus.
I watched a lady in a compact car attempt to turn left in front of a white tractor trailer covered in orange running lights. She stopped with her car about two feet into his lane.

I'm sure all the daytime visibility aids help, but I'd be willing to bet they are much less effective that their advocates claim.

cheers
ken

I watched a lady in a compact car attempt to turn left in front of a white tractor trailer covered in orange running lights. She stopped with her car about two feet into his lane.

I'm sure all the daytime visibility aids help, but I'd be willing to bet they are much less effective that their advocates claim.

cheers
ken
Agree, but all it costs me is the flip of a switch. With drivers like the above (of which there are plenty in So Cal) , every little bit helps

Hi all, I have a two fold question. When I use to ride my ZX11,s (2) I would always turn on my high beams in the day time so automobiles would see me better. Does anyone else do this? I have been doing this on my 22 Hayabusa but today I had a couple different drivers Speed Test flash there lights. Second question is when I was somewhat East of Brooksville today I saw another Hayabusa I think it was silver and blue, we waved at each other, just wondering if it someone from this group. Lots of motorcycles riding around Brooksville on Saturdays but mostly Harley’s, BMW,s and such. First Busa I’ve seen since I bought my 22 model.
I personally don’t feel a brighter light will remove their head from their anus.

Back