Who else rode today?

Stopped in at my regular coffee spot and a guy I know had just bought himself an early B-King. Late 07 model, VIN close to mine. I’m taking mine up the mountain with him next time. He had Yoshi cans and a few extras but has put it all back to stock. Don’t see many stock ones after nearly 12 years.

View attachment 1604324
I just picked up an all stock one for $3,050.00 ,truck rental $60.00, 3 tanks of gas to pick it up $100.00

20190828_003826.jpg

20190828_003808.jpg

I was out for a ride and somehow came up behind a group of HDs, they were so loud I couldn't hear myself think. Normally I don't like to pass other bikes but as soon as an opening came, I dropped a gear and made them disappear...they were noisy and slow.

I was out for a ride and somehow came up behind a group of HDs, they were so loud I couldn't hear myself think. Normally I don't like to pass other bikes but as soon as an opening came, I dropped a gear and made them disappear...they were noisy and slow.
I don’t get it, noisey and slow. . . The exact opposite of what we ride.
What makes them love their noisey slow ol’ tractors so much?
It’s got me beat :confused:

45km - had to meet a Kijiji guy in a Home Depot parking lot to exchange some $ for 200 oz. of silver. Hopefully it will grow in value a bit as it's part of the savings for the 'next' bike

I rode both bikes back to back for a total of about 85 miles. Nice day and a lot of bikes out again.
I’m curious one of your bikes has Heli-Bars abd the other the soupy riser if I’m not mistaken. I’m curious which do you prefer of the two? I’m about to get one or the other soon

I don’t get it, noisey and slow. . . The exact opposite of what we ride.
What makes them love their noisey slow ol’ tractors so much?
It’s got me beat :confused:

They are comfy and the noise is behind the rider so it isn't that noticeable to the person on the bike...but, to anyone behind it....yikes..!!

One of my former colleagues dropped by with his the other day and I said I thought it was one of the neighbours on his lawn tractor...he was less than amused as he just spent a pocket full of cash for these really loud pipes...

He absolutely hates my bike with a passion and said he would never ride with a bike like that...it didn't hurt my feelings one tiny bit.

They are comfy and the noise is behind the rider so it isn't that noticeable to the person on the bike...but, to anyone behind it....yikes..!!

One of my former colleagues dropped by with his the other day and I said I thought it was one of the neighbours on his lawn tractor...he was less than amused as he just spent a pocket full of cash for these really loud pipes...

He absolutely hates my bike with a passion and said he would never ride with a bike like that...it didn't hurt my feelings one tiny bit.
Hi I had a built HD 11 to 1 Kith Black pistons, heads done, 44mm carb and 600 lift cam. HD riders would not ride behind me! 127db 10 feet back 6 feet to the side. Fast for an HD slow for a busa.

Mods vs the Rockers? :laugh: I have more of an (apprehensive) attitude :) among the big BMW and Gold Wing crowd, those who look down at you if you’re not wearing a flip up helmet with intercom, and don’t have a thousand dollar one piece all weather riding suit, stripped to the waist as you have to when you walk around, fully electrified of course, and don’t ride a 30K BMW or Gold Wing with several GPS, phone, radar detector and...SatNav transponder :laugh: cradles blocking all your gauges. (Those) guys....:crazy:...make my butt hurt.:laugh:

I’m curious one of your bikes has Heli-Bars abd the other the soupy riser if I’m not mistaken. I’m curious which do you prefer of the two? I’m about to get one or the other soon
My old 18 had Heli-bars and on of my 19's had Soupy's. I took them off. I now prefer the stock riding position. I guess I preferred the risers. They were easier to install. I did not re-route the throttle cables.

Took my nekkid hot rod today. HOT coming home but spectacular up high. Took a lil 200 miler into the southern Sierras past Shaver Lake and Huntington Lake. Beautiful area. Lots of logging going on but traffic was quite minimal. Rode from 2,300’ to almost 8,000’. Temps ranged from 72 up high to 100 in the flatlands. It was 93 when I got home. Took on 3.5 gallons after 166 miles for a 47+ mpg average. I love how this thing sips fuel. Next day that temps are under 90 it’ll be the Busa’s turn.

Mods vs the Rockers? :laugh: I have more of an (apprehensive) attitude :) among the big BMW and Gold Wing crowd, those who look down at you if you’re not wearing a flip up helmet with intercom, and don’t have a thousand dollar one piece all weather riding suit, stripped to the waist as you have to when you walk around, fully electrified of course, and don’t ride a 30K BMW or Gold Wing with several GPS, phone, radar detector and...SatNav transponder :laugh: cradles blocking all your gauges. (Those) guys....:crazy:...make my butt hurt.:laugh:
You don't have a flip up helmet?

Back