White light on 2003 yamaha r6

busa1018

Registered
guy, i just bought the wife a 2003 r6 with 2000 miles. had it lowered and she's doing just fine. except she keeps asking me what the big white light on the gauges is for. hell if i know. never owned anything but suzuki. to me it looks like a shift light does anyone know what it really is and how it works

<!--EDIT|busa1018
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148009828 -->

review57b.jpg

I have never seen one on a stock R6 but that looks like a shift indicator that I have seen on instruction course machines. When the light turns on....shift up.

I had a 2004 R6 (basically same bike).  You're right, its a shift light and it is standard equipment on that bike.  You can program it to a set rpm and you can have it flash in three modes (when it hits the rpm you set, it will continuously stay on, or flash like a turn signal, or light once and stay off after).  Look in the owners manual to program it, very easy to do.

<!--EDIT|Youkai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148013485 -->

It comes on when it's time to make a payment  
tounge.gif

Seriously sweet bike...

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148018303 -->

Thanks for the resonse. Well it's all paid for. Just my wife has a whole lot more payments to go. I wonder what will happen if i stop paying?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|busa1018
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148040488 -->

Just an FYI to you, 2003 R6's are notoriously known for bad coils. Yamaha has a recall on them, so give a dealer your VIN and they will tell you if your bike has the bad coils. They should replace them for free too, so don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.

Off subject...

Might I inquire as to the make and model of the vehicle inside the garage...

On subject...

good looking bike, good luck

My lil sister has the same blk w/flames 03' R6. Great little bikes. Handling is awesome.

Back