Wifes new bike

vman1300

Never Forgotten
My wife has expressed alot of interest in riding herself the last year or so.

She wants to take the MSF course offered her locally next year.

A deal and a half presented itself last week.

Pictured below is a 2003 Yamaha R6. It was repo that had been wrecked.

Yes, I know it looks bad now, but give me 6 months or so.

03R6_1.jpg

The frame and wheels are straight.

I already have a set of forks on the way and a subframe will follow early next year.

I kept trying to find a Gsxr1000 for her, but she would have know better, lol.......

(LadyHawk @ Dec. 18 2006,12:54) Can't wait to see it when it's healed.
Yep me too.

I know she will be shocked.

Hopefully it wont take me too long to get it finished.

(vman1300 @ Dec. 18 2006,12:31) The frame and wheels are straight.

I already have a set of forks on the way and a subframe will follow early next year.

I kept trying to find a Gsxr1000 for her, but she would have know better, lol.......
Yeah Kevin... find "her" a GSXR1000... I'm sure you wouldn't EVER ride it...
tounge.gif

I know you'll have that thing looking good bro. Will we see her on it at the gap?

(yamahor @ Dec. 18 2006,13:13) Yeah Kevin... find "her" a GSXR1000... I'm sure you wouldn't EVER ride it...
tounge.gif

I know you'll have that thing looking good bro. Will we see her on it at the gap?
I would never ride her GSXR1000.....well OK maybe once.....

It will be along time until she rides, maybe toward the end of the year.

It will take me several months to put it back together. And then course time......

She's going to love it when it's all back together...that's awesome Kev!
beerchug.gif

(kawiboy11 @ Dec. 18 2006,13:50) Looks like lot's of work!
SHOCKED.gif
It will be. But investment will be minimal.

The ST1100 I finished last year looked worse that the R6. Total investment on the ST came out to $2200.00.

Yamaha's are the most afordable machine to rebuild.

Although it is a little nerve racking the first few times, riding with your wife on her own bike is really special. It's fun when your better half enjoys the same things that you do. No begging when you want to go for a ride.
biggrin.gif

Is the oil under it, coming from it. I understand that they total new bikes real quick if the frame is scratched, etc. I get the feeling you know what you're doing. Merry Christmas, let me know if you're adopting. Can I call you Dad.

beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Dec. 18 2006,19:19) Is the oil under it, coming from it. I understand that they total new bikes real quick if the frame is scratched, etc. I get the feeling you know what you're doing. Merry Christmas, let me know if you're adopting. Can I call you Dad.

beerchug.gif
The oil is from the alternator cover.

I have seen many a bike in my life at the shop be totalled due to a scratched frame.

Especially Suzuki's. They are the highest dollar frames.

Back