which oil?

when use a full synthetic do you have to run a k&n oil filter because I heard that a reg. filter clogs up from the oil true or not

Since the thread was resurrected I'll chime in here and say that I have been doing some research and found out that I have been throwing away good money on oil when Shell Rotella T synthetic is just as good at less than half the price I've been spending.. You also might want to look into changing filters as well, purolator oil filter # ML 16818.. $6 for the filter and $19 for a gallon of the Rotella T oil. Just in case your not good with math, that is a $25 oil change and I have talked with many friends who have been using it for years without anything negative to say about it.. just sayin :whistle:

I have been using Shell Rotella T triple protection 15W-40 for many years in the busa's. Not the synthetic stuff. Should be stamped JASO-MA. thats perfect for wet clutches.

My brand new 09 has been using it as well. 18.9L pail from walmart for less than $50 cdn.
I'm using that with the K&N oil filters. Oil comes out nice and clean on changes. great oil. will never change.

the Rotella T6 is 5W-40...

I rather the heavier weight myself.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework.../iwgen/products/triple_protection_detail.html

Last edited:
I use two different oils in my Busa. I use roughly 2 quarts of Fully-synthetic Amsoil 10W-40 and roughly 2 quarts of standard Honda 5W-30. I just feel it runs a lot better when "diversifying my portfolio." ;)

shell rotella full synthetic 2007 busa with 36,xxx and ran like a top leak down test at 21xxx and the rings were at 3% as per my mechanic I changed it every 3500 and the filter as well

Old thread I know, but nobody said Royal Purple. I've been usin it in cars for a few years. Put it in the bike after break in(they have break in oil now too) oil is clean after every change 3 to 3.5k (K&N filter) Bike runs and sounds like new, and it gets Alot of miles with the wheel up like my avatar, so no parts are starving for oil. I also always let it run a few minutes before I go. Great stuff:thumbsup:

I change my oil every 2000-2500 miles, so for the first 15,500, I used Suzuki or Honda dino oil.
After riding BABUSA's Gen 2... I wanted a smoother shifting trans. I went with Mobil 1 this time. Shifts MUCH better... I think I'll stick with it..:whistle:

All my bike shop had was 20W-50, is that gonna be too thick for my girl?

Been running Mobil 1 15-50. Tried Shell rotella synth. Next change I am back with M1, much smoother shifting, and the engine sounds quieter.

I have been using Shell Rotella T triple protection 15W-40 for many years in the busa's. Not the synthetic stuff. Should be stamped JASO-MA. thats perfect for wet clutches.

My brand new 09 has been using it as well. 18.9L pail from walmart for less than $50 cdn.
I'm using that with the K&N oil filters. Oil comes out nice and clean on changes. great oil. will never change.

the Rotella T6 is 5W-40...

I rather the heavier weight myself.

:thumbsup: Thats what i run the 15-40.Started with VR1 though.

Since run in I use Motul 300 V 4T Factory Line 10W-40 Racing lubricant for race bikes 100% Synthetic – Double Ester - yes its green lovely stuff :D I buy it in bulk here in the UK as its cheaper to do it that way.

Back