busa oil

i've been using mobil one 15/50 red cap since the third of this month(when i posted about the oil level), and the shifting actually feels smoother, not sure if it's my imagination or not..........but i know it's not my imagination that there is absolutely no clutch slippage that i was afraid of or heard would happen.....I know I havn't been using it long enough to say it's the best, but i know my bike isn't acting worse because of it, so i guess i can get back to you guys in a couple of years to let you know how well it treats my engine.

Does anyone there ride a Busa with Mobil 1 15/50 in it or even own a Busa.  
rock.gif
HAHAHA!
smile.gif

Ya gotta be careful when choosing the oil for your Busa...select the wrong brand and it'll be like putting type A blood in a type B patient!
smile.gif

smile.gif

what could happen by putting this "type a" oil in a "type b" patient? and what oil would that be that could do this? i thought the worst that could happen would be clutch slippage and maybe not as long of engine life...........i work with guys who change oil for a living and have never heard of blown seals or burning oil do to the wrong oil brand or weight.

It was a joke!
smile.gif
Some people get so obsessed with oil it's funny. This thread is a month old and it appears the OP still hasn't decided.
smile.gif

Toss some freakin' Mobile 1 in it, change it every 5K to 7K miles and if by the grace of God the bike isn't totalled out by 200K miles, the engine will still be going strong showing virtually no internal wear while the rest of the bike such suspension, brakes, body panels and electrics will be falling to pieces.

Or if anyone prefers, toss in some Castrol GTX dino oil and change it every 3K miles and you'll most likely get the same results.

smile.gif

These oil threads are alive and well all over the web.

I've never seen so much conflicting information on one subject as I have with motor oil.

Not to mention the misinformation.

I'm going to use good old Mazola oil.

Sorry I started this thread. It is now officially dead.

<!--EDIT|oldguy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106977829 -->

These oil threads are alive and well all over the web.

I've never seen so much conflicting information on one subject as I have with motor oil.

Not to mention the misinformation.

I'm going to use good old Mazola oil.

Sorry I started this thread. It is now officially dead.
I'm not trying to kill your thread its just that every few months this topic comes up and your going to get alot of different opinions. There are alot of people here that have used Mobil 1 15/50 and been very happy with the performance of their bike. If your in doubt as to which oil to use, go with any name brand oil that meets the factory standards listed in your owners manual.
smile.gif

WOW--I am going with 10\40----all year round---moves fast----and protects i hope--full synthetic.
And so it goes...mine has 18K ....OK for now...05 season right around the corner----lets see what happens-----Oil on the rear tire----SUX----Wasted in Nevada---still a good subject to yada yada about------
biggrin.gif

Back