Can someone Please tell me if these Oil are Ok?

D-Boy

Registered
Hello Everybody,

NewBee in the House! :laugh:

I'm about to do my Steering Damper. It seems a little loose when I turned. I've been reading on how to do it yourself. So, I went to Wal-Mart & this is the only thing that I can find. Super Tech Synthetic Blend 75W-90 GEAR LUBRICANT.
I also picked up a gallon of Shell ROTELLA T Synthetic Oil 5w-40 & ordered 6 Purolator ML16818 Oil Filters. I read about these also & people seems to really like it & at a good price. Yeah, I know the Purolator Oil Filter is an import, but then again. They are a Major Company with good Reps & I don't think they would put their name on something that's ****ty, right?.. Then again, that's just me.

Anyway, I'm new to this. So, anything help or advices is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance,
D-Boy

I use Mobile 1 15/50 from Wal-Mart in my turbo bike. Been using this oil since I bought the bike in 2004. I have had no issues as of yet.

Welcome!
:welcome:

The manual recommends 10w40 so 5w40 should be OK. That is also a premium oil so good.
The purolator filter will work fine.
Here is a comparison of oil filters:
Motorcycle Oil Filter Comparison
so you can judge for yourself.
There is some argument about the steering stabilizer, but I used 80w90 (close to your 75W90) and I was very pleased. Yours should be fine IMO.

Hello Everybody,

NewBee in the House! :laugh:

I'm about to do my Steering Damper. It seems a little loose when I turned. I've been reading on how to do it yourself. So, I went to Wal-Mart & this is the only thing that I can find. Super Tech Synthetic Blend 75W-90 GEAR LUBRICANT.
I also picked up a gallon of Shell ROTELLA T Synthetic Oil 5w-40 & ordered 6 Purolator ML16818 Oil Filters. I read about these also & people seems to really like it & at a good price. Yeah, I know the Purolator Oil Filter is an import, but then again. They are a Major Company with good Reps & I don't think they would put their name on something that's ****ty, right?.. Then again, that's just me.

Anyway, I'm new to this. So, anything help or advices is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance,
D-Boy
you are on the right track for engine oil; make sure it is the blue bottle of Rotella Full Synthetic; the75w-90 works great in the steering damper. I use Suzuki oil filters because I haven't seen any others that were recommended.

Back