Oil change prior to big trip.

Jasper

Registered
I plan to do an oil change on the busa prior to a 3000 mile trip through Belgium, Germany and France planned for 20 June to 26 June. Undecided whether to stick with the part synthetic oil that is now or go 100% fully synthetic. The colour of the oil at the moment is the colour of guiness, so i know the oil change is due. The oil filter will be changed at the same time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

steve???

IMHO, I would put in a good quality fully synthetic oil and change the filter and
you're good to go. I think synthetic will take a beating better than a hybrid oil.
Sounds like a great trip, have phun and ride safe.

I just went from dino oil to full synthetic, thanks again Goldenchild, and my bike feels to me like it shifts smoother. The bottom line, an oil change cant hurt your bike, what is oil is your preference.

i would spend the extra coin and put in full synth. i honestly don't think you could go wrong with either one as long as you have oil in her.:laugh: snap some pic's of your trip if you don't mind. :beerchug:

the color or your oil changes to dark guiness after the first time u start ur bike its the process that oil goes through

this is what I use

41DZkOIpumL._SS500_.jpg

i would spend the extra coin and put in full synth. i honestly don't think you could go wrong with either one as long as you have oil in her.:laugh: snap some pic's of your trip if you don't mind. :beerchug:

Thanks for advice. I think i will go with fully synthetic. I will post the pics on my return. :beerchug:

IMHO, I would put in a good quality fully synthetic oil and change the filter and
you're good to go. I think synthetic will take a beating better than a hybrid oil.
Sounds like a great trip, have phun and ride safe.

Thanks for the advice. Fully synthetic it is. Looking forward to the trip. :beerchug:

Just did a track day on a fresh change, my bike lived at 7 to 8k and never got above 3rd gear, she never got hot or even showed signs of running hotter than normal. I am very impressed.

the color or your oil changes to dark guiness after the first time u start ur bike its the process that oil goes through

I knew that was the case with cars but not Motorcycles. I have done 3500 miles on this oil and it is the colour of bitter (brownish) so i am airing on the side of caution and changing the oil prior to the trip. :beerchug:

Back