How soon to change to synthetic oil?

69chevydr

Registered
This is my first hayabusa,would anyone be able to tell me how soon is too soon for synthetic oil in a 07 busa with 700 miles on it .It's time for the first oil change I was thinking on using Mobil 1, my local dealer where I purchased the bike said NOT to use synthetic? Thanks

Do it at the first oil change. Hopefully you were not talking to the service department at the dealership.

To keep the dealers happy use the 10w40 motorcycle version of Mobil1

(Professor @ Sep. 06 2007,13:59) Do it at the first oil change.  Hopefully you were not talking to the service department at the dealership.

To keep the dealers happy use the 10w40 motorcycle version of Mobil1
+1 you can do it now
wink.gif

Your good to go now on changing with a *real*  synthetic . The sooner you do the better off all your elastomer type engine seals both static and dynamic types will be , among other perks of using a true PAO/Ester blended synlube.

Your source on oil simply should not give out information in a carved in stone context when they know very little about the subject at hand .

** Caution. Just because a label may say synthetic does not mean it's a true PAO/Ester type . Your fine with the Mobil though vs paying true synthetic amount of money for over glorified severely hydrocracked mineral oil as many are today .

** Caution. Just because a label may say synthetic does not mean it's a true PAO/Ester type . Your fine with the Mobil though vs paying true synthetic amount of money for over glorified severely hydrocracked mineral oil as many are today .

For example?

(69chevydr @ Sep. 06 2007,13:57) This is my first hayabusa,would anyone be able to tell me how soon is too soon for synthetic oil in a 07 busa with 700 miles on it .It's time for the first oil change I was thinking on using Mobil 1, my local dealer where I purchased the bike said NOT to use synthetic? Thanks
Mobil 1 works great...I wouldn't use Amsoil thou
sad.gif

(CBXRider @ Sep. 06 2007,19:14) ** Caution. Just because a label may say synthetic does not mean it's a true PAO/Ester type . Your fine with the Mobil though vs paying true synthetic amount of money for over glorified severely hydrocracked mineral oil as many are today .

For example?
Be much easier to comprise a list of current, known, true pao/ester based synlubes than the fake one's
smile.gif

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 06 2007,14:18)
(69chevydr @ Sep. 06 2007,13:57) This is my first hayabusa,would anyone be able to tell me how soon is too soon for synthetic oil in a 07 busa with 700 miles on it .It's time for the first oil change I was thinking on using Mobil 1, my local dealer where I purchased the bike said NOT to use synthetic? Thanks
Mobil 1 works great...I wouldn't use Amsoil thou
sad.gif
I use only Amsoil .

welcome to the board . You can change it after the first 1000. Synthetics aren't good for the break in period . after that you can do what ever you want.

(frisbee @ Sep. 06 2007,16:23) Synthetics aren't good for the break in period .
This is incorrect..... myth…….hearsay…..BS…old wives tale…etc.
tounge.gif

Maybe we can get urban legends or Snopes to post a article on it.
cool.gif

Synthetics are fine (maybe even better) for breaking in your motor. They are just not economically feasible to do so as the oil should be quickly changed to remove initial debris from the manufacturing/assembly process.

Taken from the Mobile 1 website. (and documented in other places)

Myth: You should break in your engine with conventional oil, then switch to a synthetic oil like Mobil 1.

Reality: You can start using Mobil 1® in new vehicles at any time, even in brand new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:
Mobil 1 is factory fill in:

Acura RDX

Aston Martin

All Bentley Vehicles

Cadillac CTS, CTS-V, Escalade, XLR, XLR-V, SRX and STS and STS-V

Chevrolet Corvette C6 and Z06

Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS

Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Cobalt SS S/C Coupe

Dodge Caliber SRT-4, Charger SRT-8, and Magnum SRT-8

Jeep Cherokee SRT-8

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles

Mercedes SLR

Mitsubishi Evolution

Pontiac Solstice GXP

All Porsche Vehicles

Saturn Ion Red Line and Saturn Sky Red Line

Viper SRT-10

One of the myths surrounding synthetic oils is that new engines require a break-in period with conventional oil. The fact is, current engine manufacturing technology does not require this break-in period. As indicated by the decisions of the engineers who design the high-performance cars listed above, Mobil 1 can be used starting the day you drive the car off the showroom floor.

Back