Which GPS do you have?

Two times I had false "max speed" readings. When I was doing about 40 MPH the Garmin "blipped" for a second or two and indicated I was doing 120 MPH. Another time it said I had been doing 166 MPH. Other than those two times it has been quite accurate.
The number of active birds you are locked in will greatly reduce false numbers

Along those lines, here ya go!

gps_max.jpg

Nope, not photoshopped.... and I'd say pretty accurate!
Professor neither your avatar nor the pic you posted show on my system. What speed is the GPS showing?

Two times I had false "max speed" readings. When I was doing about 40 MPH the Garmin "blipped" for a second or two and indicated I was doing 120 MPH. Another time it said I had been doing 166 MPH. Other than those two times it has been quite accurate.
The number of active birds you are locked in will greatly reduce false numbers

Along those lines, here ya go!

gps_max.jpg

Nope, not photoshopped.... and I'd say pretty accurate!
Professor neither your avatar nor the pic you posted show on my system. What speed is the GPS showing?
390.6 MPH

ok, lets see if we can revive this thread and get some more GPS units listed/shown. I know there are more out there. One more week and it gets moved to the electical mods area
cool.gif

For the busa I use the Garmin legend. I'm not going to take this bike on real long trips so I use this GPS because it's smaller than the full mapping systems like the 2610. It is good for the current speeds, max speeds, compass direction is kinda fun, distances,and rudimentary mapping. Also this unit is nice and cheap....$130 approx.

etrexlegend.jpg

You can attach the Legend in a low profile to the triple tree plate. That way you can do fast runs and get down in the tuck for aerodynamics. You can velcro it or what I did was drill a small hole in the triple tree, tap thread it, then attached a quick release attachment that would normaly go on a bicycle(cost about $12.00). I'd take a picture of it but not tonight, to cold to walk out to the pole barn.Brrrr.

nice, anyone else want to share what they are running
cool.gif

ok, last ditch try... anyone else want to chime in with what GPS you are using with some pics of how you get it installed, etc? I'm gonna ask that the thread be moved in about 24hrs so lets see if we can get get some more opinions/write ups
cool.gif
Even if you have the same ones listed, chime in and put your 2c in... this is going to be a sticky thread for anyone looking down the road
cool.gif

cool.gif

I'm using a Garmin iQ3600. It's one of the PDA models. Haven't figured out exactly how to mount it to the bike yet though. If anybody has suggestions let me know!

I got the same problem and It's very hard to mount iQ3600 to a bike , it's designed for pockets so light and so thin for fitting on a sport bike ...

I use the IQ 3600 also and I have a RAM Mount in the stem hole...I can not attach pics from work, but my signature has a link to my webshots page...should be on page two.  I do not have any pics with the GPS actually on the mount, but I have used it for a few trips!

Look under "Chad's New Toy" I need to change the name of the folder for these pics (not so new anymore!!)!!

<!--EDIT|05bulldog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140630194 -->

Back