Which exhaust setup do you have

Straight stock 2003.  Power and exhaust mods are somewhere in the distant future for me.  Sane Man, where did you get that tank cover?
no kidding!!!

:vader:  <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><table style=filter:glow(color=blue)> *cache attempts the Jedi mind trick*</table></span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>you will tel me where you got that tank cover</span>

Yeah...What's up with not listing the Muzzy...4-2-1 stainless w/alum round can...I installed no problem...I love it like I love me... :D

HMF's Dual High Exit ... look, sound, power = da bomb !!
Yeah I know ... gotta lose the front reflectors ...

I just ordered a Muzzy 4-2-1 with a Ti Oval can from JohnnyCheese with a PC3R. I was planning on taking some pictures of the install and posting them when I am done installing the system. JC reccomended the performance/cost ratio of the Muzzy's system.

Kent

Straight stock 2003.  Power and exhaust mods are somewhere in the distant future for me.  Sane Man, where did you get that tank cover?
no kidding!!!

:vader:  <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><table style=filter:glow(color=blue)> *cache attempts the Jedi mind trick*</table></span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>you will tel me where you got that tank cover</span>

<!--EDIT|flrider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066603211 -->

Thanks, flrider for the post. I thought I had seen that tank cover before, but couldn't remember where. I may check to see if they do the embroidery on other colors besides the anniversary.

I WOULD LIKE TO GET D&D OR GO ALL OUT BUT MY LUCK I WILL PUT THEM ON AND LAY HER OVER TEARING THE HELL OUT OF THEM. MAYBE HERE AFTER AWHILE I WILL.

My bike came with a Micron 4-2-1 with polished steel can. I think the polished can looks good with the black bike. However the pipe has been leaking big time where the individual header pipes go into the collector. I thought the Pair blockoff would eliminate my backfiring but I was wrong. I don't want to tell you how long and how many tries it has taken for me to finally get it sealed, I'm still cranky about it. Also the steel canister is a fair amount heavier than the Ti Akrapovic canister I had on my previous bike.

The tone is good, I wouldn't mind if it were a bit quieter. I wanted an exhaust for the extra power and lower weight over the stock system.

I may buy a Mircon carbon canister to save a few pounds, anyone know how much lighter they are?

I if were buying new I'd choose between a Yosh tri-oval and an Akrapovic.

Here's a pic from the day I got the bike.

polished micron slip-ons for now ...... still trying to find that perfect pipe for both show and go.... By the way anybody have any reports on the longevity of Ti pipes?

yosh RS3 full system w/ SS can. Price was right. Found a guy that thought more of putting money into bling bling and go fast parts than the monthly payment thingy and got his busa repo'd so he parted most of his goodies out. Still trying to decide between Hindle or Akra for later down the road.

Stock pipes, Gutted, loud as a Muzzy, so I hear..

Turbo b4 exhaust system 4 m3.

Over 43,000 miles, about time to make her whirrrrrrrrrrl now :bowdown:

no kidding!!!

it worked!!!!!!

you really dropped the ball leaving the muzzy's off the list!!!!!

muzzy 4 to2 to 1 stainless

Stock for now, I keep looking for the Yoshimura tri-Ovals that Giopappy has on his busa, They just look sick. All I want is slip ons...That's my story and I am sticking to it... Must find Tri-Ovals...

Back