Which Alarm System?

Fireman6615

Registered
Hey everyone, I have been reading a lot of posts here on alarms and I have come across a few that seem to have a decent reputation from members here. So I thought i would ask for a little guidance before purchase. So here's the choices so far: Amazon has the Gorilla 8017 for $141.53 with free shipping, Internatrix has the TW1000 for $149.00 not sure on shipping, and of course there's the Scorpio SR-1900 for $299.00. I've also seen a few cheap ones on E-Bay for less that $100 but you usually get what you pay for there. As you can see the Gorilla and the Internatrix has some good prices. So whats your opinions on this? Thanks.

No experience with the other 2 but I now run the Scorpio SR-i900's and couldn't be happier with them. Had the 500's and just traded up to the 900's for the extra features. I'd say you can't go wrong with the Scorpio's. :thumbsup:

But I guess anything is better than nothing really. And you never know those others may be just as good, just less $$. ???

i run the INternatrix TW-1000

Pros: cheap
easy self install
easily customizable
phone support was very helpful and quick.
replacement remotes are cheap!

cons:
1. setting up the motion/proxemity sensor can be a little finicky and it not of the best design. its about the size of half a smart phone and about as thin as 3 quarts stacked. it emits a balloon'esk shape from the bike. mine is under the driver seat and pics of anything touching the seat or hand bars. it still isnt as responsive as i would like. but it deffinely works!
2. NO gps tracking/remote start (if that matters to you)

i would buy it for any bike without hesitation if i where to need another alarm, and i recommend it for those who want to save some $$

I used to have a Gorilla on my 05, it was ok but would run my battery down. If I were to purchase one today, it would be the Scorpio.

Thanks for the input so far everyone. I'm not really interested in a remote start or anything like that. I keep the bike locked in my garage so I'm not worried about it there. I was just looking for a decent alarm with a two way remote that I can arm when I leave in parked for short periods.

I use the Internatrix, with a custom self install, which would take a bit of time for any thief to figure out, if he wants to take the bike.

Pro's. Simple and easy to install.
Microwave works fine, should someone stay too close to your bike for a while.
Shock sensor works extremely well.
Immobilizer works fine, with some features.
Pager works well, shows you if the shock, or microwave sensor was activated.

Cons. Best AAA battery in remote lasts about 3 months.
When switched off, it pulls about 3.8mA and will run the bike battery down in about 10 weeks or so.
When switched on, (alarmed) it will run the bike battery down in 2 weeks.

I have no comparison with the Scorpio, other than price advantage.

i had the gorilla for about 2 weeks. didnt like it much, so i got the scorpio i900 and absolutely love it. got a good price on it from pashnit too, so check him out.

Thanks for the input so far everyone. I'm not really interested in a remote start or anything like that. I keep the bike locked in my garage so I'm not worried about it there. I was just looking for a decent alarm with a two way remote that I can arm when I leave in parked for short periods.
That was the exact same thing I was looking for in an alarm. I originally bought a Scorpio 500 here in a group buy with all the bells and whistles, had nothing but problems with it and scorpio support was downright rude on the phone. I tried the Internatrix 400 on another bike and it does everything the scorpio does but better, and for half the price. I'd go with the Internatrix myself :thumbsup:

Back