Alarm Question

Flyasbusa1

Flyasbusa1
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have the Scorpio Alarm SR-i500s installed on their busa?  If so, are you satisfied with its performance...?  I’m thinking about installing one.

Blk/Slv 05

I installed a Scorpio 500SE on my '05 Blue & Silver a few months ago.  It works great.  Give Gary McCoy at Universal Motors a call for a good price (701-235-6478).  I suggest getting the 500SE model too.  The SE adds a couple of nice options.  

Search this forum for Iceman's instructions on how to install the Scorpio on your Busa.  He did an excellent job of documenting the installation process.  Saved me a ton of pondering time!  
wink.gif

I got the full blown Scorpio 500se and it seems fine. Does everything it needs to with decent broadcast range. Never tested the ANTI-HIJACK feature yet. Might just be the placement on my bike, but the "siren" seems a little weak... less than your standard smoke detector [but I don't test the smoke dector out in a wide open parking lot either!]

I'm happy with it

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135085431 -->

Cool FJRIDER, thanks for the tip. Where in DC you live? I use to live in Odenton, MD.

I have one and love it. Easy to install and program. And best of all. I got it for less than $12.00. New with all the options....
David

Have one. Love it. Just bought another one for the wiff's new Gixxer.

--Wag--

just got 1 too.
i figure between the cover, disc lock, and alarm, ill have enough time to get the shotty, or ak, or whatever is closest
guns.gif

devil.gif

Yep, won it here on the board in a raffle. Good incentive to get in on all the raffles that Casche has. You never know. I bought 6 tickets at $1.75 each and won the alarm.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135111930 -->

Flyasbusa1 - I live in Stafford, Virginia - about 45 minutes to a hour south of you.

Your location info shows Heidelberg, Germany. Military? I spent 4 years in Baumholder, Germany, back in the late 70's (Army).

We'll have to link up one of these days. Looks like we're near the same age as well. Well experienced Busa riders...
biggrin.gif

Look up the number to airtronix the company that makes the alarm. Call them and ask for marco. Mention the board and tell him I sent you. He will still honer a discount which is EVERYTHING including factory harness and free shipping I think for a much cheaper price than posted. Then do a search on "ICEMANN" or SCORPIO and look at the detailed install photos and insturctions to make life easier.

Hope that helps out a lil bit!

JD

I got one already installed on my bike when I bought my 05 busa. I love it and it gives you a little sense of security. I think it is worth it

Iceman's installation instructions are THE BEST. Follow those and you will have ZERO problems. Also, I just bought one a couple days ago for my wife's gixxer and they still gave me the board discount.

--Wag--

Flyasbusa1 - I live in Stafford, Virginia - about 45 minutes to a hour south of you.

Your location info shows Heidelberg, Germany.  Military?  I spent 4 years in Baumholder, Germany, back in the late 70's (Army).

We'll have to link up one of these days.  Looks like we're near the same age as well.  Well experienced Busa riders...  
biggrin.gif
FJRIDER,
Yeah !! I know where your are. you're on point with age. I used to be station at Ft Meade working in the NSA 95 - 2001 Retired Army worked their as DoD Civilian until 03, applied for an overseas job here with HQ USAREUR, so yes currently in Heidelberg; its some nice hill in the BA area, lot has changed since the 70
smile.gif
But not the speed.. On my next TDY trip to DC will send a PM..

does any one now the best way to insatll the anti hi jack for the scorpio alarm. where are those wires everyone is talking about

Back