where to hook up accesories

You can still run all stuff from there, I have my GPS, Alarm, Sat. Radio, Air horn, and Aux. Cig Lighter wired to it.

I installed a quik cheap lighter in the tail section to charge my phone up while riding no problems and all connections were safe from rain. Worked easy! I will likely fallow the advice here for another up front for the GPS. Good info!

Dirty Power - coming straight off the battery... you lost me on that one.

I put the Battery Tender plug under the hump wired directly to the battery. I have an adapter (pigtail) that converts the battery tender plug to cigarette socket. Sure it's all under the hump, when I want to charge the phone, it's in the hump. If I want to charge my GPS, the wire reaches from the tank bag back to the hump (tucked under the seat). No problems... no access issues... (no pictures)

Dirty Power - coming straight off the battery... you lost me on that one.

Sorry, I'll have to revise my technical vocabulary

Voltage taken from the battery can at some times be anywhere from 9 to 15 volts, with a perfectly working battery.

Circuits that feed most of the electronics are regulated. I don't know the exact voltage but my guess would be they are 12v with a +- 1V variation.

I wanted my accessories to be in the regulated circuitry, simply because many years ago I wired a CB radio to a battery (in a cage) and it blew the fuse and the radio integrated circuits. And those were expensive in the 20th century :rofl:

Back