where to hook up accesories

ChrisGrundy

Registered
Hi everyone.

I'm going to put a cigarette lighter socket on my busa, which later will provide power to different accessories: sometimes a GPS, sometimes a cell phone charger, and that king of things.

I'm a little worried that if I get the power directly from the Battery, using only a fuse for protection, this may result in "dirty" power which could damage my accessories.

I'm sure many of you have accessorized your Busas. So maybe someone can provide some hints about where to get the power from.

There may be information about this in the manual, but I didn't get a manual with my bike.

Thanks,

Chris

There is an extra plug in the nose section by the right turn signal that is not used and is on switched power. It is for European running lights. That's what I have always used.

Excellent advice. Thanks.
thumb_up.gif

Since you are so willing to help, let me just ask ..

all you need to remove is the right front panel?

thanks again

Chris

Ok so I know that adding a plug is no big deal, but I was very excited about this because it's the first time I got to work on my busa. And now it's done

Just in case anyone tries to do the same, and runs in to this thread, here's how I did it:

-I found out that only the plastic piece at the right of the instruments panel needs to be removed. This is much easier than removing the whole nose section.

-This not only gives you access to the cables that Pipefighter248 kindly pointed me to, but it also reveals a hidden space where the plug can be placed. If you put the cigarette lighter plug here, it will not be visible, but it will be easily accessible, and protected from rain.

-I didn't want to drill any holes so I used extra heavy duty mounting tape and cable ties to hold the plug in place.

It took me about 2 hours to do the whole thing, but if I had to do it again it would probably be done in less than 30 minutes.

well I wanted it on the front so I could put my gps in my tank bag.
3 plugs is overkill but I already had this little box and the flat surface was ideal for two side adhesive tape.

Back