When good turns to bad - Video

caNNon , We are a big group 30 riders or so , most of my group street race I do not . I enjoy watching from a distance cos cars , bikes , and ATV's are all over the place .

We have not met for a while now since the death of our friend but I know my group they will be on the roads racing again very soon ; I only hope they have learned their lesson and stay safe all time .

but 1 other thing - he went thru the turn b4 - knee draggin and all
If you watch his line in the first run through it you'll see that he's not holding a very good one. He's back and forth in the lane, making corrections from turning in too quickly to get the knee down. He's obviously more concerned on the first run with draggin' his knee and makin' sparks than with negotiating the corner *properly*...
rock.gif
looked at it again - i don't see him weaving in the lane/turn - to me, he looks pretty good in the 1st pass - i don't hear ne throttle/gear action tho - i would be dn shifting as i approach the turn - set the proper gear, position and speed entering the turn - hold that gear at a constant rpm and kick it up as i pass the apex.

i hear him enter the turn in the 1st pass at a constant rpm - i hardly evn notice the rpms shift - in fact, i don't think he even moves the throttle - he holds that rpm thru the entire turn only getting on it as he straightens it up.
studying it further - he does PRECISELY the EXACT same thing the 2nd time - with a good time CAR 30 feet in front of him!
So you don't see him cuttin' the corner short and coming off the knee to widen it, then getting back on the knee? Are we watching the same video?
rock.gif
Actually I was there and the corner basically has two apex's in order to understand what happened it would be helpful if you all could see where he came from and the fact that the uphill part is 2 lanes that turn into one. The on and off of the knee in the first run is due to the fact that the turn has a hard left apex in the first part of the turn, then the turn radius widens, this is where went around the car then shortly there after the radius decreases which you can tell by how much closer the car is at the end of the tumbling. On the first run he was a bit on the inside I personally was setting up the turn from the outside lane just made the first apex easier to get through and made the 2nd apex more fun and clean cause cagers were covering the DY's on the way up.

rock.gif

Back