Made another video on the wife's busa tonight

Nice vid, how much for the G/P and can you tell which gear you're in ? From the look of it all the lED's appeared to be the same color and close together to distingush which gear the bike is in.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,21:49) Nice vid, how much for the G/P and can you tell which gear you're in ? From the look of it all the lED's appeared to be the same color and close together to distingush which gear the bike is in.
I am not set on price yet, doing this one for a buddy, wanted to see if it sparked any interest. To be honest, to become remotely attractive for the amount of time it takes to wire up would be about $150 or so.

At night it's a little more difficult, the video is really dark, in the day very easy to tell.

The leds have red in them also. 6th gear could always be a different color. Depends on how much night riding you do I suppose, I hardly ever ride at night, during the day plain as day what gear you are in by looking at it.

Greg

This is what it looks like

100_2753.jpg

100_2756.jpg

100_2743.jpg

100_2737.jpg

Couple more ones I have done, not shift lights, just indicators.

www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/Blue.wmv

www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/Gear Indicators.wmv

www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/MHPursuit.wmv

www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/MHController.wmv

(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,21:54)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,21:49) Nice vid, how much for the G/P and can you tell which gear you're in ? From the look of it all the lED's appeared to be the same color and close together to distingush which gear the bike is in.
I am not set on price yet, doing this one for a buddy, wanted to see if it sparked any interest.  To be honest, to become remotely attractive for the amount of time it takes to wire up would be about $150 or so.

At night it's a little more difficult, the video is really dark, in the day very easy to tell.  

The leds have red in them also.  6th gear could always be a different color.  Depends on how much night riding you do I suppose, I hardly ever ride at night, during the day plain as day what gear you are in by looking at it.

Greg
Hmmmm, $150 ? Thanks Smithbusa but I think I'll keep my eye on the digi key G/P for now.

Nice and clean marketable product by the way.

DIGI Gear position sensor.

(ofcford @ Nov. 06 2006,21:58) Where did you get the cool indicater and shift light combo?
It is a very unique video!
I made it for a member at SH.org, trying it out on my wife's bike LOL. Going to start building more if there is interest for them.

Greg

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:01)
I am not set on price yet, doing this one for a buddy, wanted to see if it sparked any interest.  To be honest, to become remotely attractive for the amount of time it takes to wire up would be about $150 or so.

The leds have red in them also.  6th gear could always be a different color.  Depends on how much night riding you do I suppose, I hardly ever ride at night, during the day plain as day what gear you are in by looking at it.

Greg
Hmmmm, $150 ? Thanks Smithbusa but I think I'll keep my eye on the digi key G/P for now.

Yep, well aware of theirs, like I said, not sure at $150 if it will be appealing to anyone, I can't really go much cheaper as I won't make any money and be a waste of time LOL.

How much is the digi key? They don't have a shift light though. I guess if you add together the price of a shift light and a gear indicator it can get up there dependin on what you get. I thinkn i paid about $100 for my Blue LED raptor shift light.

Greg

I am not sure if digi is the one I am thinking of, but have heard of guys having problems with the ones that use tach and speedo to figure out what gear you are in, being slow to react, and not being able to learn gears, make sure and do your homework, I forget which brand it was. There is another one that I think is $150 and plugs into the GPS sensor and has switchable TRE.

Oh yeah, I wire in a full time TRE into the GPS sensor when I do this. If you have a TRE you can sell it.

(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,22:03)

Greg

Yep, well aware of theirs, like I said, not sure at $150 if it will be appealing to anyone, I can't really go much cheaper as I won't make any money and be a waste of time LOL.

How much is the digi key?  They don't have a shift light though.  I guess if you add together the price of a shift light and a gear indicator it can get up there dependin on what you get.  I thinkn i paid about $100 for my Blue LED raptor shift light.

Greg
If I read correctly I believe $89. How much without the shift light ?

Again, nice work !
beerchug.gif

And no need for a Tre either. Theres been to much debate on this topic and dont have a use for it. I'm just looking for a basic dependable gear shift indicator.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:06)
(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,22:03)

Greg

How much is the digi key?  They don't have a shift light though.  I guess if you add together the price of a shift light and a gear indicator it can get up there dependin on what you get.  I thinkn i paid about $100 for my Blue LED raptor shift light.

Greg
If I read correctly I believe $89.  How much without the shift light ?

Again, nice work !
beerchug.gif
$75 without the shift light.

The way I am doing them requires you removing your GPS sensor (about 20 minute job). I wire in a full time TRE mod. It's plug and play wiring wise, power and ground come from the unused connector in the nose of the busa near the right turn signal, I have the mating connector to that one.

www.boostbysmith.com is my website.

I put up one on a auction here a week or so ago without bites. If interestedl let me know and i could do that so the board gets some donation from it.

greg

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:09) And no need for a Tre either. Theres been to much debate on this topic and dont have a use for it. I'm just looking for a basic dependable gear shift indicator.
With this one I have no choice but to do a TRE. I have to give the ECU a signal to look at. Yep I know it's highly debated LOL. I also do GPS mods to make the sensor read 1-2-3-4-5-5, just can't do that with the gear indicator.

Greg

(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,22:10)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:09) And no need for a Tre either. Theres been to much debate on this topic and dont have a use for it. I'm just looking for a basic dependable gear shift indicator.
With this one I have no choice but to do a TRE.  I have to give the ECU a signal to look at.   Yep I know it's highly debated LOL.  I also do GPS mods to make the sensor read 1-2-3-4-5-5, just can't do that with the gear indicator.

Greg
So is it a GPS mod or a tre mod or is there a difference ? Dont care too much for messing around with the integerity of the bike.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:14)
(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,22:10)
With this one I have no choice but to do a TRE.  I have to give the ECU a signal to look at.   Yep I know it's highly debated LOL.  I also do GPS mods to make the sensor read 1-2-3-4-5-5, just can't do that with the gear indicator.

Greg
So is it a GPS mod or a tre mod or is there a difference ?  Dont care too much for messing around with the integerity of the bike.
With the indicator its a TRE mod (6.8K Resistor for 5th gear all the time).

I can also do GPS mods (completely different), not with indicator. this is if you want to re-restrict the bike and leave everything completely stock as far as gear mapping. The sensor will output 1-2-3-4-5-5 after the GPS mod, so lower gears remain stock for timing and fueling values, but you can run 6th gear past 186 mph if you so desire.

$75 for the gear position, so how much for the G/P mod ?

(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:26) Sending you a pm.
Okay cool, my laptop is about to die and have to be up for work in 5 hours, I will reply to you in the morning.

have a great night!

Greg

(smithabusa @ Nov. 06 2006,22:29)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 06 2006,22:26) Sending you a pm.
Okay cool, my laptop is about to die and have to be up for work in 5 hours, I will reply to you in the morning.

have a great night!

Greg
You too SmithBusa and thanks again.

Back