wheelie

Busa up!

Busa_up_.jpg

Hi All,
I'm not new to the forum but this is my first post. I have an '03 Busa and have had it for almost 2 years. I moved up from a CBR1000F. It was a good bike but can't compare to the Busa. Here is what prompted my first post. elcid11
recently wrote.... "I took her out yesterday and laid....yes LAID down on her at about 15 MPH.....and then EASILY rolled on the throttle...no sudden jerk...but an easy roll. The damn front tire shot right into the air....keep in mind I am LAYING with all my weight forward and not cutting and then slamming, just an easy roll on to full power, this damn bike has a wheelie button!!!!!!" I'm compelled to add, it does have a wheelie button. Today my Busa is all stock except for replacement tires, I just purchased a BDE3 w/carbon, PC3r and PAIR kit. I'm going to dyno before and after. Just waiting for warmer weather, I'm in central Indiana still cold here (19 degrees yesterday am). I have never had a problem getting the front wheel up. Hold 4k then roll quick, the gas tank slapped me in the crotch. Slap me is what it did. I have held the wheel 8-10" off the ground with a gentle but continuous opening of the throttle. I never reached full, just carried all the way through 1st. That takes torque. I weigh 235lbs, am 6'3". I can lay as far forward as I can and still see the tach. With full throttle between 8000 and 9500 the front will lift and set down twice ON IT'S OWN! It's just high enough that I can feel the tire touch back down. Last Fall with temps in the low 60s I did this and the front kept climbing, I rolled off. I'm not a big fan of the wheelies, but you know you just gotta live with'em. Just my 2 cents. Best bike I've ever owned.

Mike.

To be honest....The first time by Busa's from wheel comes off the ground....She will be sold :-)

To be honest....The first time my Busa's front wheel comes off the ground....She will be sold :-) ------That is what I meant to say. This is a good example why you should proof read before clicking the "Quick Post" button. I am so embarrassed!

Don, no worries... just saw an op to teaze... I asked Captain a long time ago to put a spell checker just for me.
biggrin.gif
and I tend to spell funny and make no sense when posting after several beers.
blush.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

is chopping the throtle, and then opening it back on a "safe" way to wheelie
rock.gif

Never do stunts on the motorcycle... but just wondering!

Busa has never come up on regular accelration for me... I have agone all the way up on the first gear, but she just does not raise her front
wink.gif
Would it got to be anything to do with my weight
rock.gif
about 300Lbs
blush.gif

It'll come up, stay in first, bring the rpm's up to about 5500 ,then rack the throttle. Be careful though. Also, watch out if you have a passenger I had a 115 lbs. girl on the back of mine it came up without trying . I didn't like that. Got off the throttle fast, she thought it was fun but scared the mess out of me!!!

I think a 1000 will be better for what you are looking for. Sure the busa will wheelie but, that is alot of bike to have up for a long time.

Back