Wheelie to 140 (video)

Hey Rob,

I don't think that foam rubber stuff is going to hold up too well at +250mph...

I think you might want to consider a tire instead.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119430509 -->

LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
- VERY true

Actually that is not my wheel - They just used that to make sure it all lined up

I am still using the Marchesinis for the street & BSTs for high speed from this point forward

Probably wouldn't get much grip huh
grim.gif
grim.gif
grim.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

grim.gif

grim.gif

Why is it that people just don't believe that guys go that fast? If I had access to Rob's bike, or resources to create my own, I would go as fast as I possibly could, just like he does. Just because you can't/won't/are too scared to do something don't hate those that do. just admire the fact that it was done and move on. He's not trying to prove how much of a bad-ass he is, just a guy with some disposable income spent on going fast. I don't even know the guy and I can tell that from his posts. All that hatin has got to be making you thirsty.........

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119432175 -->

haterade_jpg.JPG

Why is it that people just don't believe that guys go that fast? If I had access to Rob's bike, or resources to create my own, I would go as fast as I possibly could, just like he does. Just because you can't/won't/are too scared to do something don't hate those that do. just admire the fact that it was done and move on. He's not trying to prove how much of a bad-ass he is, just a guy with some disposable income spent on going fast. I don't even know the guy and I can tell that from his posts. All that hatin has got to be making you thirsty.........

We have an attempt at Comedian stardom ladies and gents.
Too bad the gong show is retired.

As I would probably fall into your "Hater" category, let me fill ya in. If someone disagrees with the proof shown it does not dictate they are a "hater". Does this mean if I don't believe you wear pink underwear I must be a hater too ?? See how far that mindset goes?? No one here is hatin', some choose to believe it, and some don't. Some of us don't just believe something because a person tells us so......like others easily do and others jump on the bandwagon.  If that is the case I'm assuming you fall for most internet hoaxes and scams because they told you it's real, and you don't want to be hatin'.
idea.gif

If Rob says he did it, cool, I can appreciate that speed. I was only stating it didn't look like it was that fast in comparison to the Isle of Mann TT 2004 same camera angles on bikes going 170mph.....sorry, I still don't think it does. But if he did it, I'm not hating, I was just making an observation like so many others have. If we choose not to believe in someone's word.....I guess we're all labeled as haters now accordin to you?? No one called him a punk or a wannabe.....now that would be hatin.

I'd love to see the bike in person and have a beer with him. I don't hate, I play, and hard at that - as we all should. Rob, maybe if I make it down to Mardi Gras this year I'll hit you up, I'd still love to see the bike no matter what labeling goes on here.
egitarre77.gif

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119433027 -->

Hey .... Never took ANYTHING as hatin ... ALL GOOD

AND ONE MORE THING ... I have a 2 car garage that can hold a bunch of bikes ... If you guys wanna come on down and party with me for Mardi Gras ... Your bikes will be safe/sound/locked away while we tear up Bourbon !!!!

food-smiley-005.gif
food-smiley-004.gif
food-smiley-012.gif
party-smiley-020.gif

We have an attempt at Comedian stardom ladies and gents.
Too bad the gong show is retired.

As I would probably fall into your "Hater" category, let me fill ya in. If someone disagrees with the proof shown it does not dictate they are a "hater". Does this mean if I don't believe you wear pink underwear I must be a hater too ?? See how far that mindset goes?? No one here is hatin', some choose to believe it, and some don't. Some of us don't just believe something because a person tells us so......like others easily do and others jump on the bandwagon.  If that is the case I'm assuming you fall for most internet hoaxes and scams because they told you it's real, and you don't want to be hatin'.
idea.gif

If Rob says he did it, cool, I can appreciate that speed. I was only stating it didn't look like it was that fast in comparison to the Isle of Mann TT 2004 same camera angles on bikes going 170mph.....sorry, I still don't think it does. But if he did it, I'm not hating, I was just making an observation like so many others have. If we choose not to believe in someone's word.....I guess we're all labeled as haters now accordin to you?? No one called him a punk or a wannabe.....now that would be hatin.

I'd love to see the bike in person and have a beer with him. I don't hate, I play, and hard at that - as we all should. Rob, maybe if I make it down to Mardi Gras this year I'll hit you up, I'd still love to see the bike no matter what labeling goes on here.
egitarre77.gif
Nah, I don't fall for much. I just waited til I had more than 50 posts on a board before I started running my mouth about a video that everyone else had seen and discussed before......

Nah, I don't fall for much. I just waited til I had more than 50 posts on a board before I started running my mouth about a video that everyone else had seen and discussed before......
So should I wait til post 51 next time to be considered a conformist/non-hater?? Or should I go higher??

I didn't see the regulations on conformity for the board....sorry, my bad. I choose to speak my mind when asked and not label other people. I didn't know post count dictated expertise.

Now that the sarcasm is out of the way, can we all get along??

Off topic, Jeremy, you wouldn't happen to be the Jeremy that was at the Pentagon under SECNAV that I know would you??

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119435668 -->

Hey .... Never took ANYTHING as hatin ... ALL GOOD

AND ONE MORE THING ... I have a 2 car garage that can hold a bunch of bikes ... If you guys wanna come on down and party with me for Mardi Gras ... Your bikes will be safe/sound/locked away while we tear up Bourbon !!!!

food-smiley-005.gif

food-smiley-004.gif

food-smiley-012.gif

party-smiley-020.gif
do I hear busa ralley on bourbon st....
smile.gif

So should I wait til post 51 next time to be considered a conformist/non-hater?? Or should I go higher??

I didn't see the regulations on conformity for the board....sorry, my bad. I choose to speak my mind when asked and not label other people. I didn't know post count dictated expertise.

Now that the sarcasm is out of the way, can we all get along??

Off topic, Jeremy, you wouldn't happen to be the Jeremy that was at the Pentagon under SECNAV that I know would you??
Post count doesn't dictate expertise, however you should look around a little before you call bullsh!t on a topic other people know more about. When speaking your mind causes you to reveal your ignorance on a topic, perhaps it is best not to speak........
No, you don't know me, I've never been near the Pentagon.

hmmmm interesting posts... MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES with video lead me to never doubt that clip at all... ever... for one second. with a slight zoom in on a wider angle lens, dropped down to the side of the bike I can make 35mph look like 70. Or zooming way in on a standard lens at 120 looks like you are doing about 3mph. next, he was on a very flat WIDE open area, the stuff off to the sides are far enough away to not look like they are moving very fast. Isle of man is a lot tighter in most places with large trees and hills to fly past giving a better perspective of speed. And I don't know the lens width they used while filming that but it makes a difference. I heard him row through 6 gears.... would someone really put all that work fo building up a bike just to slap a 220 clock on it while only hitting 140 just to be a poser? Man, I know *I* wouldn't.

A lot of people with busa's may never get to see the speedo pegged on their bike. People that have, love this video and enjoy their own memory. I've filmed a lot of our own rides and ALWAYS they look dog slow. 100 looks like 30, 160 looks like 60. I generall hit the 2X speed thing to get the "real feel".

When it doubt, recreate it your self... video cam + busa = good time
biggrin.gif

Someone mentioned this video was posted before. I for one never saw it and obviously a few other people here haven't either. I'm not saying there isn't another thread with this video, just saying I personally didn't see it. Maybe I took a look at the thread but wasn't able to view the video, who knows. In either case, again, I didn't see it.

Secondly, I found that video surfing the web. I typed in "Hayabusa Wheelie" in the Yahoo! search engine, and that was one of the results. As mentioned before, video doesn't capture the true speed of an object, I know this is true for high speeds. That is why they use "high speed" cameras in Hollywood to capture car-chase scenes. If they use regular cameras, the audience wouldn't "feel" the speed. That is also why a 95mph pitch in baseball doesn't look a bit over 50mph.

Now, with the lag of the camera at 220mph, plus the fact that I found that video through surfing, of course I would have my doubts. I know how much work some people here have on their bikes, so had I known the bike belonged to a member of the board, I would have probably thought differently. Most people here are honest folk who have no reason to attempt to make a hoax. On top of that, its not like I could see the actual bike to which the camera was attached to in the video.

My bad!

Okay, now as for:
No........
Here ya go lameass......
Go buy a friggin Turbo...... trick your bike completely out - get a quality videocamera and do it ALL yourself, so when some lamo online tells you its not what you say it is, because the video looks slower then some movie..... you can have them do the same thing.  
biggrin.gif
What a novel idea! Tell 'ya what. My email address is Spigga_305@yahoo.com, feel free to make a contribution via PayPal  
poke.gif

Hey... erm...

Remember the guy with the Viper and the "turbo" Busa he raced?

Rob, did anyone attempt to hook you two up so provide him with a nice steaming cup of TurboBusaRipYourFaceOffNastiness???

Shyt mardigras im down thats a hell of a long ride from here but if the rummors are true. I would be down for alittle busa get together and then an all week party.

Back