3rd gear wheelie

I do train with firearms at Oregon Firearms Academy in Brownsville, Oregon. Its one of the top rates schools for firearms in the state. Thats where the name came from. I will double check my findings and post back here to dispell the myth. I was pretty sure it was 3rd gear, I was going well over 70mph. Like I said I didn't bring it all the way up because of the crosswind. I'm sure it is the mirrors, less weight on the front end.:D

<!--EDIT|TapRackNGo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149574948 -->

Err...3rd Gear @ 8000 rpm with stock gearing = a lot faster than "Well over 70mph"

I think the differnce between 130+ mph and 70 mph should be quite noticeable...lol

Anyhow, if you really want to wheelie, do what I did the other night....2nd gear at 60 mph, clutch her to about 10K and you are at 12'O-clock in about half a mili-second. Just remember to bring her down soft. Oh, and The Busa will wheelie in 3rd gear for me, but last time I came down from a 3rd gear wheelie while having some fun with MidnightBusainSD (go ahead and laugh bro...still makes me shiver thinking about it) - I had to check my underwear.
blush.gif

Err...3rd Gear @ 8000 rpm with stock gearing = a lot faster than "Well over 70mph"

I think the differnce between 130+ mph and 70 mph should be quite noticeable...lol

Anyhow, if you really want to wheelie, do what I did the other night....2nd gear at 60 mph, clutch her to about 10K and you are at 12'O-clock in about half a mili-second. Just remember to bring her down soft. Oh, and The Busa will wheelie in 3rd gear for me, but last time I came down from a 3rd gear wheelie while having some fun with MidnightBusainSD (go ahead and laugh bro...still makes me shiver thinking about it) - I had to check my underwear.
blush.gif

Valium new board name is officeally <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Stink Fingers,</span>now that he has shared his 3rd wheelie incident with us.  
laugh.gif
J/k

Oppz, Stink Fingers is already taken, John, I guess you'll have to settle for Stink Hole.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Rhythm

You give me your PimpN Gold Slider, and you can call me what you want...but until then, I will only answer to Mr.Pucker when talking about my 3rd gear wheelie!
laugh.gif

And how do I end up with Stink Hole...Who earned the Stink Fingers title.....wait, maybe I don't want to know...some things are best just left-alone
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Rhythm

You give me your PimpN Gold Slider, and you can call me what you want...but until then, I will only answer to Mr.Pucker when talking about my 3rd gear wheelie!
laugh.gif

And how do I end up with Stink Hole...Who earned the Stink Fingers title.....wait, maybe I don't want to know...some things are best just left-alone
laugh.gif

I dont know the dude, but heres the brave soul with that name already. I hope he doesn't bite his nails.  
puke.gif

laugh.gif

StinkFingers.jpg

Pucker up, Stinky, cuz I aint lett'n go of my gold slidr.
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

LMAO - hey, wasn't this a thread about doing a 520 conversion, 3rd gear wheelies at 70mph and no mirror's?

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Or we could get real serious and talk about secondaries, BOV's and an intercooler setup I'm needing an indepth education on - ahh heck, I will just start another thread...just feeling sorta lazy here at work
tounge.gif

Hey.. i like wheelies!
but i just can't do it!!
sad.gif

can anyone tell me how to do a wheelie on a stock busa???
which gear? how much throttle? how to use the clutch, etc..

1st gear - run up about 7k rpm's, close throttle, then whack it open - no clutch w/ a Busa. If it doesn't come up, its not a Busa.

1st gear - run up about 7k rpm's, close throttle, then whack it open - no clutch w/ a Busa. If it doesn't come up, its not a Busa.
Thanks MPH 200 !    I' ll try it...  
smile.gif
Might want to try 2nd gear...before you do 1st gear...1st gear can be a real killer if your just trying it for the first few times.
If you are serious about learning to wheelie, first off, install a 43T rear sprocket. Not to make it easier to lift but to slow the bike speed, at least through the learning process. Secondly, buy a dvd by Kyle Wood called "Wheelies from Dummies" Gives you great instruction on how to set your bike up to mastering the illusive wheelie. I highly recomend it. Kyle Wood is among the best stunt riders in the business.

Don't let anyone lead you into learning to wheelie in Second Gear before you master first gear. First gear is much easier to manage but the best part is, if you do crash the end results will be much more appealing in a slow first gear crash than a 90mph second gear crash.

It's not a requirement to crash during the learning process but if you get to brave to quick, it's a real possiblilty. Slow baby steps and lots of practice is the key to success!

Back