3rd gear

gunsavy

Registered
today i was on the freeway and noticed I was still in 3rd gear so punched it wow this thing moves. Im wondering am I hurting the motor by riding in 3rd gear. most of the time I immediatly go to 4th but now i like how it pulls in 3rd and like taking off like my friends are standing still. whats up

lol1.gif
......Uhhh..."no"....not unless you were out of oil..
wowold.gif
.."then" you might be hurting the engine.
laugh.gif
That's why we ride what we ride, and "that" is why we are who we are, the O-R-G !
coolold.gif

Just for Gunsavy: Check your oil level, tread, and tire pressures regularly (Get acquainted with you Busa). Keep the engine in top tune, "all the time", i.e. new plugs every 7500 miles, throttles tuned, and air filter clean. Keep your chain clean, greased, and adjusted to the proper specifications. Never ride your Busa "beyond" your ability, and always bring your "A" game.
thumb_up.gif
Wear the proper gear up to, and after you've learned what the machine will do with you on it. After that, ride it like you stole Bruddah !!!
super.gif
"Until then
rock.gif
?"....play it cool
peace.gif
, take your time, and "in time" that machine beneath you will take on an entirely different meaning...."entirely"
ThumbsUp.gif

If you think 3rd gear is fun, try the same thing in 5th gear. Don't have to worry about leaving your buddies, the're already long gone.
laugh.gif

Just watch for police, 5th gear, 8000+ rpm on a Busa is a prosecuter's dream.

What were ur friends riding? Keep embarrassing them like that on the highway they will be org members in no time
laugh.gif
The day I left the dealer got on the highway ramp eased into 4 gears never went over 5k rpms was wondering why cars on the highway were standing still? OH ****! 140 mph
SHOCKED.gif
BUSA
bowdown.gif

i wouldn't worry about it never had a problem with it and i've never had a car last me more than 20k miles ... granted i only have 6k on busa but i think she can take a beating

Back