Wheel Queston #3

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
OK
hello.gif
, anyone know why NO ONE makes custome wheels for the Busa
dunno.gif
. I know, they make Wheels that can be made to fit, AFTER, you use the conversion sprockets AND spacers (BECAUSE THEY'RE MADE TO FIT ANOTHER BIKE  
cursin.gif
 ) ! Geezzzzzzzz
winkold.gif
, for $875 (least expensive NOT cheapest because $875 isn't cheap) on up for EACH WHEEL
wowold.gif
(which really isn't giving these puppys away) you would think that a quick finger on the Ole CNC computer could make a wheel which would match the BUSA, so all stock OEM parts can match. This just really Ticks me off alot, since I can get ALL KINDS of wheels for my Ducs and THEY FIT  
rant.gif

If you're talking about light weight performance wheels, where reduction in rotational inertia is a primary concern, which would you do as a manufacturer: design and do stress analysis on one wheel that can be adapted and is suitable for multiple literbikes and the hypersports, or design and do stress analysis on each wheel specific to each application? You also have to consider the problems of maintaining inventory for each application and the possibility of being stuck with inventory items and R&D costs for applications that do not sell.

Karl

If you're talking about light weight performance wheels, where reduction in rotational inertia is a primary concern, which would you do as a manufacturer: design and do stress analysis on one wheel that can be adapted and is suitable for multiple literbikes and the hypersports, or design and do stress analysis on each wheel specific to each application? You also have to consider the problems of maintaining inventory for each application and the possibility of being stuck with inventory items and R&D costs for applications that do not sell.

Karl
Maybe
winkold.gif
, but I'am talking about buying from the manufacture (which one e-mailed me with a direct buy cost, BUT with spacers and new sprockets because it's made for a ZX14) which could just hit a button, make the wheel and send it to me just like in autos. And as far a strength goes, if it's made for a 14 then the same wheel (with diffenent bolt patterns) should work on the Busa. Or they wouldn't sell me a weak wheel, WOULD THEY  
sadnews.gif

Several companys offer wheel blanks that are the same, what changes the appl. is the bolt on hub and cush drive style. Strengh should be the same

Back