Wheel Question #2

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
Ok  
wink.gif
 , here's my wheel question #2 since I'am in the market.

1) Does anyone make a brushed alum Carrozzeria type looking wheel ?

2) Since ALL the wheel manufacturers say they are made by a CNC machine. Then why do they ONLY offer wheel bolt patterns for the ZX 10 OR ZX 12. Which makes you buy different spacers, sprockets and chains. Geezzzzzzzzzz, why can't they just type in, SUZUKI HAYABUSA, and let the computer change the bolt holes. It's not like that would be a major big deal. It's only HOLES  
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 06 2007,15:09) Ok  
wink.gif
 , here's my wheel question #2 since I'am in the market.

1) Does anyone make a brushed alum Carrozzeria type looking wheel ?

2) Since ALL the wheel manufacturers say they are made by a CNC machine. Then why do they ONLY offer wheel bolt patterns for the ZX 10 OR ZX 12. Which makes you buy different spacers, sprockets and chains. Geezzzzzzzzzz, why can't they just type in, SUZUKI HAYABUSA, and let the computer change the bolt holes. It's not like that would be a major big deal. It's only HOLES  
jump9.gif
Here is a pretty good wheel article Link

I think there are more issues with the cush drive overall diameter than anything. You'll need spacers anyhow, the chain is the same, and it is time you got rid of those old sprockets anyhow!

Thanks Professor for that link, I had forgotten about the article. Looking up some vendors now  
beerchug.gif

Cheaper to manufacture and warehouse one wheel than dozens, some of which would go unsold. The alternative is to manufacure them on-demand which has problems of its own.

(cosmo @ Jul. 06 2007,13:47) Cheaper to manufacture and warehouse one wheel than dozens, some of which would go unsold. The alternative is to manufacure them on-demand which has problems of its own.
I understand that, but since they are not selling Hundreds a month, why they can't just make the wheel and leave the bolt area a plate and then have the holes drilled per order is my question. I know it's not like they keep 25 sets of each wheel hanging around.

But maybe I'am wrong and they do sell hundreds of wheels per week or month ! Still if your ordering from the Factory (which Lockhartphillips and other distributors do) then, what's the problem with a final drilling per order
rock.gif
? To me it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE , expecially since they're definently NOT GIVING these things away $$$$$  
biggrin.gif

what's the problem with a final drilling per order ? To me it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE , expecially since they're definently NOT GIVING these things away $$$$$ [/Quote]
None, if your ordering in February when no one else wants them and you get your order in a week. PLENTY if you order in say May when everyone wants them and your told estimated delivery is Xx months and you decide to go with someone else's product instead of waiting
wink.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 06 2007,14:22) what's the problem with a final drilling per order  ? To me it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE , expecially since they're definently NOT GIVING these things away $$$$$  
None, if your ordering in February when no one else wants them and you get your order in a week. PLENTY if you order in say May when everyone wants them and your told estimated delivery is Xx months and you decide to go with someone else's product instead of waiting  
wink.gif
.[/Quote]
So, if they would, I would wait !

Anyone know if the Gale wheels are ready to put on the Busa, or are they the same ---- A KAWI Bolt pattern
beerchug.gif

Anyone know if the Galespeed Wheels come with the Busa Bolt pattern, or they like the rest. As; in coming with a Kawi 10 or 12 bolt pattern
rock.gif
? Tucker Rocky catalog does not say either way and for $ 2094
SHOCKED.gif
 I don't want a Micky Mouse set up  
blush.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 06 2007,16:47)
(cosmo @ Jul. 06 2007,14:22) what's the problem with a final drilling per order  ? To me it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE , expecially since they're definently NOT GIVING these things away $$$$$  
wink.gif
So, if they would, I would wait !

Anyone know if the Gale wheels are ready to put on the Busa, or are they the same ---- A KAWI Bolt pattern
beerchug.gif
[/Quote]
Yeah, I can see your the patient type
tounge.gif

(Professor @ Jul. 06 2007,13:22) Here is a pretty good wheel article Link
I revisited that article again and went looking for OZ wheels only to find out that they no longer make Motorcycle wheels! Oz were the only ones in that article that used the stock cush drive rubbers. After reading that article it sounds like the little urethane or rubber donuts most use are fairly short lived VS stock. Anybody got anything to add to this line of thought or is this a moot point?
rock.gif

Your point is WELL taken, and since I do LOTS of miles, it sure isn't a moot point to me  
coffee.gif

Back