Whats your take on this

Dealers bikes are insured, and we also have liability insurance that would cover a customer injury. We have signs on the bikes that have the customer ask to sit on so we can make sure they have room to sit it up and turn the handlebars, also to assure they don't have an elvis belt buckle, keys or whatever that will scratch the tank. We wouldn't want to sell anyone a new bike with damage.

i like personal responsibility, if you can't afford to fix a drop, don't sit on a bike that isn't yours. but in america, the dealership takes responsibility.

Ogre you are without doubt 100% wrong !

America should be capitalized
:rofl:

I see...but what if you sit on a Harley at a dealership and parts fall off (like they ususally do)? Who pays then ? :whistle:

Now I am the proud owner of 2 HD's. One is 1961 Pan and the other is a 2002 Road King and I can speak from experience...the parts only fall off after you bought it! MY BAD! :rofl:

I think if you drop a bike just sitting on it at the dealership you might want to look into spending your money on something else

I got this off another forum.

So you walk into a Showroom, Your looking at bikes, You get on one, Raise the kickstand, Get the feel of the bike, Then go to get off but forget to put the kickstand down and the Bike drops to the ground ( Hard ) $3,000.00 Damage.

Who is responsible for the Damages.

Me personally, If I dropped the bike, Then Im responsible.

You forgot to mention it was a Ducati :whistle:

no not me :laugh:

Back